Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry day where I was so got out on trike up some little known forestry roads.
Some pretty steep bits when starting off with cold legs were hard work. Nearly two miles all uphill.
Lots of dark purple butterflies which I failed to identify as could not get close to them but also some Scotch Argus and some whites and Peacock ones as well.
Why do books with pictures of butterflies, moths and birds never get the colours which are seen in real life? I frequently id things only to discover they are only found in Utter Mongolia or some such place.
Watched some swallows for a bit as my wildlife pal appears to have at least 2 nests, one in his garage and another in a next door open front shed. He tolerates the ones in his garage as they have been coming for some years but unfortunately he has to keep washing his car roof. :ohmy:
I could see around the village of Salen ten miles away it appeared to be raining but where I was it stayed dry.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Anyone want some firewood ready for the winter?
Timber.jpg

Hopefully they'll have it cleared by Tuesday as it's on part of my commute. Still very windy when I got out this afternoon, plenty of mud/sand on the roads and some areas still under water from Friday & Saturday.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Mundane, but important.
In the UK my rule is not to drink alone before 1800.
Now I'm in France. Its one hour ahead.
How much of a compromise will be to move to local time?
But hurry up, it's 1840 (HL) anyway, I might weaken and make a decision.
My new regime has declared Monday a dry day, but I might cite the holiday exclusion clause.

Feast of the Transfiguration.

Top Bottom