Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain cleared up but did not get out as not feeling too good. Nothing very specific but hope to be better tomorrow. Did take a short car trip down town and never seen such chaos before in the over 50 years I have been here. This is all down to far too many people in a small town and I was not able to find anywhere to park so just had to give up and return home.

The local pharmacy sale has not worked out and the previous pharmacist is coming back. Trouble is she now has nowhere to live but surely somebody will come up with something. Probably the prospective takeover ones did not anticipate the problems of living here which are exacerbated by the overcrowding. No idea where they live but presumably in a rental which will now be rented to touroid for more money.
In the past holiday houses could be rented but now the owners can get exorbitant money from touroid and since it is not their main dwelling
{ which is probably in another country anyway} any social responsibility goes out the window. :sad:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Rain cleared up but did not get out as not feeling too good. Nothing very specific but hope to be better tomorrow. Did take a short car trip down town and never seen such chaos before in the over 50 years I have been here. This is all down to far too many people in a small town and I was not able to find anywhere to park so just had to give up and return home.

The local pharmacy sale has not worked out and the previous pharmacist is coming back. Trouble is she now has nowhere to live but surely somebody will come up with something. Probably the prospective takeover ones did not anticipate the problems of living here which are exacerbated by the overcrowding. No idea where they live but presumably in a rental which will now be rented to touroid for more money.
In the past holiday houses could be rented but now the owners can get exorbitant money from touroid and since it is not their main dwelling
{ which is probably in another country anyway} any social responsibility goes out the window. :sad:

One solution which other countries have implemented is make residency a condition of owning property. That would also go some way to resolving the issue of properties being marketed to people in other countries as investments. Quite how we solve the issue of hotel chains buying up properties and letting them through an Air BNB front I don't know.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One solution which other countries have implemented is make residency a condition of owning property. That would also go some way to resolving the issue of properties being marketed to people in other countries as investments. Quite how we solve the issue of hotel chains buying up properties and letting them through an Air BNB front I don't know.

I can hear the screams of the holiday homers and one main booking agency starting already at such terrible thoughts.:stop:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I do believe that the rain has stopped

And it has finally stopped over here near the east cost having started some time around 10am - a local weather station is showing just under an inch of rain today following on from only a little less yesterday. I did pop out for the weekend's supplies just before midday and only got mildy damp. As my colleague's leaving/transfer to another department do would have involved a one mile walk from the nearest rail station to the chosen pub, I didn't bother going due to the intensity of the rain and have spent the afternoon half listening to the radio while reading some old sci-fi short stories on the Kindle and drinking squash & coffee.

postman

Squire
Been to a wet and cod Herne Bay.We found a lovely 1940's themed tea room.The scone cream and jam were wonderful.Notice i put the cream first,Mrs P put the jam on first,soooo wrong,but being from Lancashire whatdo you expect.Sussex tomorrow until the text or letter arrives and daughter will text me then we scoot home.

It's been a cool and soggy day here chez Casa Reynard.

I have done the grand sum of Not A Lot, having spent the balance of the day watching the netball and the cycling. The only constructive things I have done is cooked supper and sorted out the insurance for my incoming car.

For the latter, the Meercat gave me the cheapest option. It's all a bit irritating as I've got to pay more because I've not got a NCB due to having spent the last seven-ish years as a named driver on the parental's policy after my Felicia went t*ts up. Still, my new policy is some 60% cheaper than what mum was paying, so I guess I can't complain. Well, too much, anyways.

Oddly enough, mum's insurer quoted me a policy that was £350 more expensive than hers. :wacko: Makes you wonder what planet these people are on sometimes. (OK, the old Fabia was group 4, the Rapid is group 17, but even so...)

Top Bottom