Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Weather a bit mixed yesterday in North Wales, still looking like rain. Didn't get the bike out, but took Mrsf to the beach for a swim with the local group (she's going again later). We popped out to the site's arcade and did air hockey (daughter is 20), basket ball and 2p machines, then popped in the pub to play pool. Bumped into sister, who was staying at my folks caravan, so we took my nephew to the kids 'critters' show at the pub, whilst BIL had a rest. Nephew is only two, but loved the tortoises and large rabbits.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
I have just managed to solve today's Wordle.

What a stinker, it has taken me all morning.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Light rain and forecast to continue.
I should have gone out for a trike run yesterday but hindsight is not much help now.
There are lots of photos posted on FB of Bunessan Show yesterday and there was no rain gear in sight so it was a nice day down there. Very nostalgic.

The local museum has a couple of school desks with slates { anybody else remember them? }. At least they had as somebody has just stolen both the slates.
They stopped charging for entry and instead ask for donations. I was once standing near the donations box and noticed that while most put something in some just waved their hand over it but nothing fell into the box. :whistle:

Yes, I remember slates, although I don't think we used them for long.

mybike

Good morning from a damp, overcast and cool Suffolk. So far the rain has only been relatively light, as have the winds - nothing like the storm forecast.

The first cuppa of the day really hit the spot and I'm now trying to decide between Weetabix, Shreddies or porridge for breakfast.

News said the two towns somewhere had been flooded. Obviously excellent evidence for climate change.

:wacko:
:scratch:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I picked my dad's old 6pdr brass ashtray last night and thought I would check in my book to see what the writing on the bottom meant . 6pdr 7cwt means that it was a round for an anti tank gun . This morning I thought I would compare it with a shell case that I bought in an antique shop in town . Similar stamping ,both dated 7/42 Lot numbers differed by just 70. I just found it a bit fascinating!

My favourite 'ashtray' is the top portion of a Gardiner diesel piston, these have a 'Heron' design which means they have a hemispherlcal combustion chamber in the top of the piston with 2 valve cutouts. I sawed the piston crown off just above the gudgeon pin.

what is this? hot dog stand? ice cream? micro brewery?
what 1.jpg

what 2.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
what is this? hot dog stand? ice cream? micro brewery?
View attachment 701649

View attachment 701650

It's a nuclear reactor surely?

Mike_P

Guru
Washing dried before the rain, the latter having not yet arrived despite some dark clouds. Ebike had a morning outing to Asda, outbound via the hillier Waitrose route before cutting back. Asda had annoyingly shuffled some shelves and I had to I seek advice from two members of staff where the Free From section had moved to - turned out that it had flipped sides of the aisle but had been completely deleted from the aisle sign.

mybike

It's been a cool and soggy day here chez Casa Reynard.

I have done the grand sum of Not A Lot, having spent the balance of the day watching the netball and the cycling. The only constructive things I have done is cooked supper and sorted out the insurance for my incoming car.

For the latter, the Meercat gave me the cheapest option. It's all a bit irritating as I've got to pay more because I've not got a NCB due to having spent the last seven-ish years as a named driver on the parental's policy after my Felicia went t*ts up. Still, my new policy is some 60% cheaper than what mum was paying, so I guess I can't complain. Well, too much, anyways.

Oddly enough, mum's insurer quoted me a policy that was £350 more expensive than hers. :wacko: Makes you wonder what planet these people are on sometimes. (OK, the old Fabia was group 4, the Rapid is group 17, but even so...)

It was quite a shock when I discovered how much the turbo on my C-Max's tiny 1000cc engine put the premiums up. It's not that much different in performance to the Focus 1600 I had previously.

Top Bottom