Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Who's ready for Antonio?

I'm going to work. At least I'll be getting paid to get wet!

Morning .
Raining here , trees swaying back and forth a bit . Can't really see how bad the wind is yet but the telephone wires are only swaying slightly.

I picked my dad's old 6pdr brass ashtray last night and thought I would check in my book to see what the writing on the bottom meant . 6pdr 7cwt means that it was a round for an anti tank gun . This morning I thought I would compare it with a shell case that I bought in an antique shop in town . Similar stamping ,both dated 7/42 Lot numbers differed by just 70. I just found it a bit fascinating!

In our town museum they used to have what I am sure is the pointed end of a 22mm incendiary cannon shell from the war . It was found in the river some years ago . The tip has been dented and the back end of it has corroded or burnt away. I need to get an opinion from an expert as to whether or not it is one but it makes one wonder if it was fired and hit an aircraft during the war . Beaufighter,Spitfire, Hurricane, Mosquito. Not likely to be from a Whirlwind , Typhoon or Tempest .

Top Bottom