Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wow, well done to you both!

cookies & French fries? or are crisps potato chips? either way, ha! we had a cat that used to eat cantaloupe. cats are so weird

Crisps = potato chips.

They were the one thing that she would go out of her way to steal. Especially if they were cheese flavoured.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have some bad news. :sad:

After eight months of feeling very ill, tired, and in pain, The Patient, aka Mr Spiecher has been diagnosed with Prolactinoma.

This is a brain tumour. It is treatable with medication, but the main problem is that it affects the blood supply to the brain, by impinging on one of the main arteries. He received this diagnosis about four weeks ago, and it has been difficult to process this news and telling family, neighbours, and friends.

As I am on this thread most days, and enjoy the discussions, I thought I would tell you all, even though we have not met.

Virtual hugs are very welcome.

After eight months of feeling very ill, tired, and in pain, The Patient, aka Mr Spiecher has been diagnosed with Prolactinoma.

This is a brain tumour. It is treatable with medication, but the main problem is that it affects the blood supply to the brain, by impinging on one of the main arteries. He received this diagnosis about four weeks ago, and it has been difficult to process this news and telling family, neighbours, and friends.

As I am on this thread most days, and enjoy the discussions, I thought I would tell you all, even though we have not met.

Not sure what to say apart from good luck and virtual hugs .

Afternoon .
I have been busy in the garden this morning . It brightened up and we had sunshine and blue sky for several hours . I was busy emptying a lager water butt which was leaning over . I emptied 17 x1.5 gallon cans from it into another butt . Georgie was helping me or so he thought. Cats seem to be fascinated by pouring water . He sat on one of the butts watching the water pouring into the butt. I managed to straighten up the butt with a couple of bricks under the base .
I thought that our lawn had better have a cut before it rained . I wish I hadn't . With the first cut with the mower I got 3 Slow worms in some long grass. It puts me off gardening !

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Not sure what to say apart from good luck and virtual hugs .

I can understand about not knowing what to say, thank you for the virtual hugs. If you were here in person, you could bring biscuits or cake, shop-bought or homemade, and put the kettle on. ^_^

I could (almost) write a book about the stupid things people said to me when I received my Cancer diagnosis, and the silly things they said when I was undergoing treatment.

People shy away from saying, "If there is anyone you need, just ask." It is surprising how many times I have taken people up on that offer. People have offered lifts to The Patient, to hospital, in Worcester and Birmingham. He tries to go by train, but this Saturday there is no feasible alternative. So we have had to ask a lovely kind friend, or he may have offered, to do that.

Last edited:
It was just hammering down with rain a moment ago . There was a stream running down the driveway out the front and water gushing off our extension roof out the back , the drainpipe couldn't cope with the water ?

Mike_P

Guru
It was just hammering down with rain a moment ago . There was a stream running down the driveway out the front and water gushing off our extension roof out the back , the drainpipe couldn't cope with the water ?
So that's where the rain went. The afternoons armageddon never happened. Possibly a bit at 7 which will not happen unless I go out on a bike. Looks like its lining for a waking you up downpour in the wee small hours again🥱

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Stayed dry all day so far so went for a walk as cycling did not appeal due to the black looking sky and strong N wind. Also quite cold.
Came back and stopped at the garage to book an MOT after the 14th so got booked on 15th with pick up and return. Since the car has recently been expensively serviced by the same garage I do not expect any failure.
My usual parking spot is occupied by the Screenmachine which is a travelling cinema which tours the highlands and islands so parked on the boat slipway.
An artist/photographer friend appeared and we had a blether watching a rain shower passing down the other side of the Sound.
He has just bought a new motorbike and got a 150cc bike as he thought it was the largest he could hang his shopping bags from the handlebars without being challenged by the local plod. :becool:
His old one is getting a bit decrepit and even tho' an MOT is not needed if you remain on the island it was getting unsafe he thought.
He asked at one point if I went to the Lunch Club which is for pensioners once a week I think. I said no as it was full of ancients and I could not stand them. He seemed to think this was a joke on my part but sadly not.:ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just an add on.
More ferry chaos as MV Isle of Mull is out of service but this time not a breakdown as such but a rope round the propellor.
According to my son who was a commercial diver and now elfin safety manager it takes longer to arrange the dive to remove the rope than the actual dive itself.
When I was a scuba diver I was often asked to remove ropes from all kinds of vessels with the fee going towards club funds.

Mike_P

Guru
The rain turned up at 6.
Browsing twitter yet another fallen tree. This one across road used normally on the return from Sainsbury's. When I went to Simply Food on Tuesday I had to go around two sides of a triangle to avoid what was at least a large branch across a cycle path. Anyone else encountering fallen trees etc?
Also noticed a report of pretty unusual theft - five temporary traffic lights nicked in Knaresborough around midnight on Sunday and no one reported the matter until 2.38pm on Monday!

just read up on it, that stinks :cursing: be a good patient & I wish you well dealing with it *hugs*

Top Bottom