Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
After last night I think sleep is overrated I should think come 3pm 💤💤

tom73

Guru
Waken up early this morning 1st my a car driver totally flooring it in 1st up the street. Then some random woman having a loud face time call out side our house. No idea why or what happened. She'd gone when I got up 15 mins later. It's dry and sunny this morning still damp out and about from yesterday's rain. Charlies been out and had a mad run around and now fast asleep in bed.

Gwylan

Veteran
Well it's a significant day here.
Besides not raining one of the inmates has a birthday.
So the other inmate is doing lunch for 6 to 10.
How can you cater for that range?
When it's gone it's gone, then.
Up early, compared to local C&P, for focaccia and king prawn, mango & avo salad prep. The salad needs rice, I want it to be cool not cold.
Then it's a lamb tagine. The weather is cool and grey supporting this menu choice.
Champagne cooling. Always works.
What wine for tagine? Have got some Lebanese red lurking in the cellar.
Summer pudding, that means the pudding wine sector gets raided.
The afternoon might be embraced by settee guarding.

Mike_P

Guru
:sun:but 💦forecast later so before WFH e:bicycle:ed to Aldi. Bit of a rarity but meant back home in ample time to start WFH. The needed apples accompanied by a pack of pork medallions, bathroom cleaner and two kitchen rolls which certainly together filled the rucksack.

Gwylan

Veteran
:sun:but 💦forecast later so before WFH e:bicycle:ed to Aldi. Bit of a rarity but meant back home in ample time to start WFH. The needed apples accompanied by a pack of pork medallions, bathroom cleaner and two kitchen rolls which certainly together filled the rucksack.

What you need is a nice set of pannier bags. Probably Decathlon, 20l in a nice burgundy colour
May appear in for sale items soon.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a distinctly cool and breezy Suffolk. A lousy night's sleep - something woke me just after 2am and then my brain just refused to shut down to let me get back to sleep for about an hour after that. Yet more rain on the way in just added to the wonderful start to the day.

The good news is that there's less than 6 hours and two mugs of coffee until the weekend starts.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast and the forecast says drizzle until about midday with a brisk N wind. Feels cold but temp is actually about 14C outside.
Slept in again after being up early yesterday.
As an aside the only { I think} cafe in the village of Salen has closed for a week just because they feel like it. A serious business?
FB this morning directed me to a video of a meeting of the community council. Looking at them all I have only seen one before. I was on the community council myself for a few years when we knew most people on the island and they knew who we were. These are obviously recent incomers with no knowledge except for their own assumptions.
Sad.

Top Bottom