Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
ok shipmates listen up you scurvy lot.For i will type zis only once.Postman got to the surgery at 07-25.I was granted an audience with a doctor at 08-10.I think the receptionist was taken aback by a 73 year old screaming and rolling about on the floor.So wonderful doc looks at me and at 08-30 rings St Jimmies.I was om my way to a ward called SDEC.Well i was prodded poked weighed blood pinched x rayed and finally a dye shot in to me and a ct scan.All this done under four and a half hours.Then the wait.I was taken into a small room sat down and a cosy chat.Good news you have no blood clots,yeeees.but the ct scan has shown us something we are concerned about.So we want you back here tomorrow.Shipmates i am getting my own ct scan again a biopsy and a crack team to tell me what they have seen and possible treatment.Now mateys none of this has been confirmed but swollen lymph nodes and a lot of them have been seen and highlighted by the scan.So shipmates a rough night is ahead worrying about something i cannot do anything about or even know what i might have.So sleep tight in your bunks and hammock and a fair wind at your back.right must go cos i am packing my bag for a weeks holiday near Battle in Sussex,plus i prayed before tea and i felt a calm peace come over me.Night one and all.

Steady as she goes, there in dry dock.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
E-biked to work today due to the weather and I'm glad I did as there was no way I'd have biked home without assistance. Got hijacked at work to help unload a container load of footwear we'd seized. It was a 40' high cube on a trailer - two of us in the container doing the emptying, 3 others on the ground palletising & wrapping and a forklift driver shifting the pallets to storage and we did the lot of just under 1200 cartons in a tad under 3.5 hours including 2 x 15 minute breaks & quick drink stops. All 5 of us totally knackered, sweaty and surprised/impressed with what we'd done.

This evening's pork steak, potatoes & peas hardly touched the sides and there was a treat of a bottle of Marston's muscle relaxant to go with it.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yesterday was the day from hell.

Poppy went missing in the morning, and mum found her dead under her favourite lilac bush in the garden.

My trip to Cambridge was totally wasted as the people I needed to see hadn't updated their website to say that their local office was closed.

I split my trousers.

Totally broken today. I miss my tortie girl so much.

So very sorry for your loss.
So very glad for your time with her.
My sympathies to you, your mother,and Madame Lexi.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Sharing is caring, but, no thank you 🤗

If I didn't feel so carp I would be tempted to go out and do a few miles

Top Bottom