Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Door bell just rang , I opened the door to be confronted by a young lad saying he had come to collect the tent and thrust some money in my direction.
I said are you sure this is the right place? To which he read an address from his phone out to which I said sorry wrong address.
He then proceeded to ask for directions to the correct address which I gave him , by the time I walked upstairs to the office I could see him outside the correct address on the next road along.
Obviously was never a boy scout

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
It's Grande Bretagne, isn't it?

Marketed by Geoffrey Butler back in the day

Gwylan

Veteran
In an undiscussed diary arrangement I gave been left in charge of the house.
The management assures me they will be back by 1400.
I am instructed to bring the washing in if it starts to rain.
But, being now carless, I am now obliged to cycle to town to undertake some chores. Doctor, prescription, you know the stuff.
So, the morning becomes a bit of a Bart's dilemma.

Resolved action list to, replace brake pads on Hercules, malinger the rest of the morning.
Go to town after 1400.
Also means I can avoid SWMBO if I miss the rain.

Or out the washing in the conservatory with the dehumidifier on and go about my business?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wet and windy.
West Highland Week yotties are going to have miserable weather for the race up the Sound. Mind you if you go sailing you soon learn to deal with such weather.
Had a long fight with A----n as they gave me without my permission a free trial of Prime which I do not want. At the end of the 30 days they will probably start charging for it. There is supposed to be a mechanism to cancel but so far impossible to find and just goes round in circles.
To add to today's frustrations the infernal holiday house opposite has put out a wheely bin carefully leaving their gate clear but blocking my car in.
I slept in today as well so need to get some coffee to try to waken up.

It’s an odd one. Card on the Booths noticeboard said “Raleigh racing bike frame£30” so I rang, not expecting much .Bloke didn’t know much, was his brothers, went to see it and first thing I noticed was chrome forks and stays, then the sloping 531 transfer. Frame no. Says late Worksop 1979 year but can’t find an exact match in any catalogues. Racy-looking geometry but mudguard eyes. Can only guess a special build.

Turns out it was a Gran Sport, brought across from the USA but repainted in the team colours which is what threw me. It‘s in for a respray now, in closer to the original colors. Like this

1D7E7DFA-5939-4FD3-907D-0CBFF91AAA8E.jpeg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Turned out a nice day so got out on the trike.
The temporary location system for it in the car came apart so had to spend a bit of time getting that sorted. Need to get the trike back out of the car on the next reasonable day to do a permanent fix.
Traffic surprisingly light and more like it used to be before the touroid infestation. Even the campsite had plenty of space and no tents to be seen.
Not surprising to have not many motorhomes as lots are lined up blocking the footway at the edge of the car park.
Looking out my front windows I notice a few sails going down the Diorlinn and realised it is the annual round Calve race which used to be the last race of the season. A bit early to end the sailing season now. The actual date also depends on tides as there has to be enough depth for the bigger keel boats at the southern end of the Diorlinn tho’ any sailboards are not too bothered.
Most usually take an anticlockwise direction with a failing wind but some mavericks do the opposite and usually do well. This is more of a social event rather than cut throat competition but there is still the urge to beat any other comparable boat.
Somewhere I have a photo of my Wayfarer neck and neck with another dinghy.

Loved the Wayfarer, when I had use of one.

Top Bottom