Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Found the photo. That is me with the beard.

47C4E600-42D2-4D47-9159-A075C6FCB173.png

Gwylan

Veteran
We just sit in an old 15 th century timbered building so that it can be opened up for the public to wander around . It used to be a guild hall and lock up plus armoury, fire station, museum . It is quite interesting just sitting in there looking at some of the buildings in the town and noticing how old they are . I discovered one close by had a date of 1680. It doesn't look that old ! It is a shame that so many old buildings have been replaced with modern rubbish when you see the likes of Calne , Corsham and Malmesbury have kept theirs . The town managed to stop one developer from attacking our old Burton's shop. It is from the 1920s and has bronze Burton vents set into it . I must go and get a picture of it before someone nicks them .

Well done!

Mike_P

Guru
Back on Tuesday as headed north from dads a yellow ladybird was crawling along the sun visor above the cars steering wheel which was slightly distracting until it hid itself somewhere. This afternoon pulling into a garden centre car park it reappeared nicely in a location whereby I could, once parked, persuade it onto a parking pass and put it on the tarmac. Wondering what it had survived on for 5 days.

Last edited:

gbb

Squire
Drizzled most of the morning in Weymouth. No matter, had 4 grandchildren in our caravan, just relaxing and nattering, then out for a carvery Sunday dinner,then a bit of light shopping, back to the caravan, then out later, take the girlie's to the cinema to see Barbie. I resisted, went back to sons caravan and watched BTCC.

Top Bottom