Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Did it fall off the back of a lorry?

Perish the thought 😂

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hopefully more entertaining than the typical overhyped premiership game where it's more exciting watching paint dry.
It was a cracking game. Although a pre season friendly, there was lots going on with several " handbags " incidents, a very impressive Melee involving over a dozen players, and one of the local players was red carded in another incident. Wimborne lost 0-1.
Grandson demolished a tray of chips with ketchup which tided him over until tea time.

PeteXXX

Today's low mileage 67 plate truck has a mere 918,105 kilometres on the odometer.

simongt

Guru
Can't mind where or when it was, but there's been discussion as to the 'correct' term for the bit on the side of a road / street which pedestrians use; footpath / pavement / sidewalk etc..
It's much a personal thing, as none are really wrong, but notice that the council here in rural Norwich put red & white warning signs up during roadworks stating 'Footway Closed' or 'Use other Footway'.
Anyone else come across the term 'Footway' on their patch - ? :whistle:

PeteXXX

Can't mind where or when it was, but there's been discussion as to the 'correct' term for the bit on the side of a road / street which pedestrians use; footpath / pavement / sidewalk etc..
It's much a personal thing, as none are really wrong, but notice that the council here in rural Norwich put red & white warning signs up during roadworks stating 'Footway Closed' or 'Use other Footway'.
Anyone else come across the term 'Footway' on their patch - ? :whistle:

Highway Code... (their Bold, not mine.

Rule 1​

Pavements and footways (including any path along the side of a road) should be used if provided. Where possible, avoid being next to the kerb.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a nice day so got out on the trike.
The temporary location system for it in the car came apart so had to spend a bit of time getting that sorted. Need to get the trike back out of the car on the next reasonable day to do a permanent fix.
Traffic surprisingly light and more like it used to be before the touroid infestation. Even the campsite had plenty of space and no tents to be seen.
Not surprising to have not many motorhomes as lots are lined up blocking the footway at the edge of the car park.
Looking out my front windows I notice a few sails going down the Diorlinn and realised it is the annual round Calve race which used to be the last race of the season. A bit early to end the sailing season now. The actual date also depends on tides as there has to be enough depth for the bigger keel boats at the southern end of the Diorlinn tho’ any sailboards are not too bothered.
Most usually take an anticlockwise direction with a failing wind but some mavericks do the opposite and usually do well. This is more of a social event rather than cut throat competition but there is still the urge to beat any other comparable boat.
Somewhere I have a photo of my Wayfarer neck and neck with another dinghy.

Top Bottom