Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another mostly do nothing much day.
Went to the library but then heavy rain started so did not bother going for a walk.
Junked some bits and pieces so a bit every day should make an impression in a year or two.:laugh:
Had a look in my top garden and found a small frog not much bigger than my thumb nail. I used to have a small pond which did attract frogs among other wildlife but it is so neglected it is probably filled with debris as a buddlia is next to it and out of control. Don't think there would be enough water to attract frogs but the nearest alternative is a long way off in the front garden of a neighbouring house.
Thinking of neighbours I noticed one had acquired a police no parking sign since he is deeved with non resident parking. I asked him where he got it and he said it was left after the signs had been collected after the Highland Games. Probably left as they could not see it hidden behind his car. :whistle:

Well my first test ride on my Ud Butle didn't go very well! I had been working on it ths afternoon trying to get it ready . Fitting the brake calipers , undoing the bar tape and moving the brake levers to their correct position . All was ready so I set off . I couldn't understand why it felt so difficult to pedal . The rear wheel was pulling against the frame . I stopped and tightened up the rear skewer. It was tight and wouldn't tighten any more. I will have to have a look at it tomorrow .
Ud Butle were owned by Oldswort . :whistle:

simongt

Guru
Went to see the Drifters at Britannia Pier in Gt. Yarmouth last night. Very good, although it does beg the question that if they've been 'going' for sixty years, then it's a bit like 'Uncle Charlie's Hammer', all the originals have long been succeeded by replacements; currently 39 including the present members, so are they now a tribute band - ? :whistle:
Conversley, the Rolling Stones of similar 'vintage' have kept broadly the same lineup throughout - ! :okay:

No bike or bike kit with me. 😥

Shame: there's a lovely route along the Colmar canal and out to my corner of Germany

2022_05_26_Colmar_26.jpg

2022_05_26_Colmar_27.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well my first test ride on my Ud Butle didn't go very well! I had been working on it ths afternoon trying to get it ready . Fitting the brake calipers , undoing the bar tape and moving the brake levers to their correct position . All was ready so I set off . I couldn't understand why it felt so difficult to pedal . The rear wheel was pulling against the frame . I stopped and tightened up the rear skewer. It was tight and wouldn't tighten any more. I will have to have a look at it tomorrow .
Ud Butle were owned by Oldswort . :whistle:

And Oldswort are now owned by Lanet.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 67 plate truck has 1,182,081 kilometres on the odometer.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A lovely afternoon with the grandson, walked in the sunshine along the banks of the Stour to the New Cuthbury ground. Sat in the sun supping a pint of Hobgoblin and watching Wimborne Town lose at home to Worcester. It was a pre season friendly with an on pitch melee, and a couple more scuffles before Wimborne had a player sent off! A very eventful game.

It's been a blustery sunshine and showers kind of day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept really well, puttered about with some domestic duties in the morning, and then at lunchtime I cycled to the garage to test drive the Rapid and the Fabia estate I was also interested in and compare them side to side. I got rained on en route, and I hate cycling in jeans. I did enjoy the drives, and there was a hands-down winner.

Have paid a deposit on the Rapid, but I'll have to wait a week and a bit before I pick her up. That'll give me the time to sort out the insurance.

Spent the rest of the afternoon / evening listening to the sprint race from Spa and watching the Formula E from London, and I totally forgot about a couple of ebay auctions for some stock car programmes that I was interested in. Hey ho, never mind. One lot sold, but the other didn't, so hopefully it will be re-listed.

Just going to chill for the rest of the evening.

Another mostly do nothing much day.
Went to the library but then heavy rain started so did not bother going for a walk.
Junked some bits and pieces so a bit every day should make an impression in a year or two.:laugh:
Had a look in my top garden and found a small frog not much bigger than my thumb nail. I used to have a small pond which did attract frogs among other wildlife but it is so neglected it is probably filled with debris as a buddlia is next to it and out of control. Don't think there would be enough water to attract frogs but the nearest alternative is a long way off in the front garden of a neighbouring house.
Thinking of neighbours I noticed one had acquired a police no parking sign since he is deeved with non resident parking. I asked him where he got it and he said it was left after the signs had been collected after the Highland Games. Probably left as they could not see it hidden behind his car. :whistle:

We used to have a frog that lived in a washing up bowl . One used to live under our garden shed and would answer whenever the door creaked !

Top Bottom