Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is it with the children of today? Grandson doesn’t want to walk ten minutes from the house to see a real steam train go by on the main line!

I was going to say that I go to see them now even though I was born next to a railway line.
People are now going to say that they were born in a shoebox in middle of motorway! :whistle:
You try telling kids that times were hard and they won't believe you !:whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another dreich looking morning.
Nothing planned but may try more clearing out of rubbish and surplus goods. Difficult to give up and I have some fishing gear as well as lots of camping stuff which I know I will never use but cannot bring myself to dispose of.
What I really need is a car boot sale which could tempt me to sell a lot but the market here is limited and since it is not tourist orientated nobody is interested in organising anything local nowadays.
I think I will have a library visit to see if I can find something interesting to read.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a partly cloudy Suffolk and it looks like we had yet more rain overnight. If I can get myself going, I may head off to Snetterton for the afternoon to watch some racing.

Mike_P

Guru
It was sunny when I took the ebike on its normal Saturday ride to Waitrose. Once again a fallen tree on the cycle path, this time in the wooded section so an almost complete blockage bar a small gap in undergrowth that the ebike got wheeled through. Now grey cloud cover.

Realised there was something amiss with Stravas elevation gain for rides on the same route from Sainsbury's with last night's being given as 331ft while a previous one was 440ft!
Ran correct elevation on both and last night's altered to 338ft while the other dropped but only to 404ft. Picked a other ride quoting it as 331ft and that changed to 339ft.

Top Bottom