Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I don't have an iPhone.

I do for work but It's an older version works ok but nothing exciting

Morning.
Sunshine here looks a bit milky with the thin cloud that we have.
Oh I was having fun with my butler yesterday. His stem is seized . I discovered deep impact marks in the expander cone when I removed it, so that won't have helped things! Hitting that will only cause the stem to expand and grip more tightly or flare the end . I have decided just to fit it up and give it a test ride. If I find that the stem is too short I won't spend too much time trying to remove it but cut it off.
I have never seen a bike covered in so much black gunge before. It is everywhere! It looks like it was found hurried in an oil slick!

cookiemonster

Squire
Morning.😎

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 3

Mike_P

Guru
Mega flip. Having to avoid gluten toasters are pure evil with all those crumbs of wheat in them. Took my own toaster with me to dad's and it appears, due to its complete absence, that I have left it there. So a fruitless car trip to both Aldi and Lidl who for once were devoid of such and one purchased from Asda with a two year guarantee rather than the three I was hoping for.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
We had a Bond three wheeler but not the Bug. Pathetic brakes and to start you lifted the bonnet and kick started the motorbike engine.
This was our first step up from a Lambretta 150cc which served us well.
Traded it in for an A30 van with windows and a prominent crease in the front bulkhead. This did not seem to affect it at all and it performed perfectly.

I had a bond three wheeler Mine had a push button starter.If the weather was cold it some time wouldn’t start on the button and I had to kick start it.Did few thousand miles before trading it in for a Ford Prefect
That was fun in the wet The wipers worked off some sort of engine vacuum.The harder you accelerated the slower the wipers moved Almost stopped going up hill fast down hill .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have an iphone and it is the only one I can make work more or less as I want. Others were a disaster. My elder son taught students about microsoft but his own personal stuff was all apple. Must have influenced me.

Anyway another dry day so far but no plans apart from avoiding the Main St.
Yesterday I drove from the main car park which was full to overflowing to the Calmac office half a mile away. This was an ordinary weekday and I have never seen such chaos here before. Cars and motorhomes packed tight and the street reduced to one car width in many places with the resultant jams. Add in wandering pedestrians and the whole thing is quite unpleasant.
This is not the pleasant town we came to all those years ago and I now feel I would leave anytime but cannot afford to do so apart from the nightmare of an actual flitting. People like me are being driven out by the madness of mass tourism.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yorkshire expansionism?

Any attempt to sweep westwards will meet with fierce resistance at the M57.

No intention of that. You can keep the bits we don't want.

The road surface at Colne for yesterday evening's racing was described as "smooth". Well it is ... if you discount the sunken manhole covers, potholes and speed bump on the finish line. Oh, and the mis-matched road surface that led to one of the support riders having a very revealing tear down his new Rapha bib shorts as he went round :shy:

Top Bottom