Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
That's another working day completed
More white clouds than blue skies

Had a lovely luncheon of a chunk of melton mowbray pork pie, two slices of wholemeal toast, one with parma ham, one with herby cream cheese, plus a nectarine, a banana and two :cuppa:

Let that lot tamp down and then tootled off to the garage on Wiggy #2, the Chartres, with my two sets of car keys. As I had assumed, they don't take batteries. So the car is booked in for Thursday for fault-finding and repair. The mechanic I spoke to thinks it's the reader doodad in the ignition hey barrel that's having issues reading the chip in the key fob. Anyways, at least the Skud is in the system, how long it will take to sort, I don't know. Depends on what needs doing and availability of parts.

The receptionist is new, and she thinks that not having a car means I've got no transport LOL. And that was despite me wheeling my bike inside with me as there's nowhere to lock it up outside.

Took the longer way home to investigate two apple trees that I forage from. Big crop on one, decent on the other. I'll be keeping an eye on those.

Also have printed out some of the newspaper articles from the British Library archive, and shall file them later.

Now have a nice :cuppa:

tom73

Guru
Spotted this in one of the private public carparks in town this afternoon.
tempImageuHc0fW.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ooooh, a Bond Bug! How very 1970s! That's an early one from the first year of production (1970)

We had a Bond three wheeler but not the Bug. Pathetic brakes and to start you lifted the bonnet and kick started the motorbike engine.
This was our first step up from a Lambretta 150cc which served us well.
Traded it in for an A30 van with windows and a prominent crease in the front bulkhead. This did not seem to affect it at all and it performed perfectly.

tom73

Guru
Ooooh, a Bond Bug! How very 1970s! That's an early one from the first year of production (1970)

Gov uk has it as 1st reg year as 1975.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got the weather forecast all wrong today and it stayed dry and warm all day but no sunshine.
Had a longer walk and then sat at the marina until Calmac office opened after lunch to make some enquiries about ticketing and also the cost of a car to Kilchoan. Ticketing is a bit complicated if a booked ferry is not sailing so better be prepared with the requisite knowledge.
I fancy cycling to Ardnamurchan lighthouse but lack confidence in any return ferry as one did get cancelled recently from midday onwards after a technical problem.
If this happened I would be stranded 70 miles by road from home and even 2 batteries would not be enough to get me back given the long and steeep hills involved. Foot passengers hitched a lift on a passing RIB and fishing boat but an unwieldy trike would be a problem.
Best idea then is take the trike and car over and leave the car at the ferry terminal as a back up in case the worst happens.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a cold and overcast Suffolk. The bad news is that my access code for the office is still valid, so here I am sipping coffee & staring vacantly at a computer screen.
Five minutes after posting that, the fatefull words "Do you want to help out with an exam - it won't take long" were spoken by a colleague. Four and a half hours and around 600 cartons of suspected counterfeit goods later I finally got to have the second cuppa of the day.

Top Bottom