Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm squishing 5 days work into 3 and realising it will be better to squish 7 days work into 5 next week :laugh:

postman

Squire
i am sat in the conservatory,i have just had a latte from a local cafe,plus a bar of chocolate.Mrs P is out galavanting.Miss P is upstairs working from our office oh matron get that.The black box man has arrived,and suddenly and for no reason i feel as though i should confess a sin.I am on here but sadly i have only done one ride this year and its nearly August,i am so ashamed.In my defence loads of people have needed help or company and i have stood up to the mark.So please forgive me and soon i shall done lycra and become cycling hero once again.

Mike_P

Guru
In the hospital awaiting the dads return from the eye op. Only took an hour to discover there is free WiFi.

Costa coffee machine attacked (large white Americano). Unlike the old Nestle chocolate machines that use to be on railway platforms seemed to be no way of getting a drink without swiping the card. There was one at either Sheffield or Leicester when if the button for the chosen bar of chocolate was pressed at the same time as the coin return button both duly obliged!

Mike_P

Guru
You will have to stock up when you visit soon

And the York branch is pretty close to the NCNs crossing the Ouse on Millennium Bridge
IMG_20230725_113720.jpg

Oddly, all the Aldi shops in York are in the west. What does this say about the east of York?

D

Deleted member 1258

In the hospital awaiting the dads return from the eye op. Only took an hour to discover there is free WiFi.

Costa coffee machine attacked (large white Americano). Unlike the old Nestle chocolate machines that use to be on railway platforms seemed to be no way of getting a drink without swiping the card. There was one at either Sheffield or Leicester when if the button for the chosen bar of chocolate was pressed at the same time as the coin return button both duly obliged!

Our local hopital Wi Fi auto connects to my phone when I walk in, all I have to do is agree terms and conditions. My best wishes that your Dad's eye op is successful.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I remember being in the waiting room of a caravan and motorhome dealer in Perthshire. They were waiting on some bits for my motorhome to come back from a sub contractor so I was there for some time.
They had a machine dispensing all sorts of drinks and it was all free at the point of use.
They did not seem to load their retail prices either to compensate.

Top Bottom