Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well
Still raining

Rough night last night, possibly a combination of unaccustomed inactivity and nerves about the upcoming flight to the UK.

Yep, I'm flying. I know, bang go my tree-hugging hippy credentials. It's the first flight in several years and the first to the UK in at least a decade. My mother may have killed me if I didn't bring Beautiful Daughter this year...

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rough night last night, possibly a combination of unaccustomed inactivity and nerves about the upcoming flight to the UK.

Yep, I'm flying. I know, bang go my tree-hugging hippy credentials. It's the first flight in several years and the first to the UK in at least a decade. My mother may have killed me if I didn't bring Beautiful Daughter this year...

My mate has just been to a wedding somewhere down Londonshire ish (you know down there), but he rode from near Ghent with a mate (that's where he lives). He's currently riding back to his parents home (South Manchester). Looking at one of the wedding photos, his partner was there, so she probably flew - she's not a cyclist.

More remarkably, he's had a DVT in his left leg for the last couple of months - one of those in a vein where the skin all bruises. Drugs didn't clear it, so a minor op did two weeks ago. He's been off work, but none of it's stopped him knocking up 60-100 miles every day he's been off the last two months. I guess riding your bike getting the circulation going is better than standing making cars !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a soggy Suffolk as there was a bit of early morning rain and it's looking like there could be some more later.
There's still the uniform to iron ready for work tomorrow and the bedding needs changing, so I think today will have to be a bit of domestics day.

After a second cuppa & breakfast obviously.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry so far but overcast and looks like it may rain.
More ferry problems as I got several text messages at 10 o'clock last night telling me the MV Loch Frisa was off all morning today as broken down again. No idea what the problem is but they are waiting on an engineer.
I do not expect to be travelling for another couple of weeks so just keep my fingers crossed.
I have collected a tick I think which has fastened in a most inconvenient spot right at the top of my bum crack. Cannot easily see it and reaching with the tick tweezers is probably impossible for me.
Situations like this is where a wife comes in handy but since I no longer have one I may have to get a nurse to remove it. :eek:
Best leave it for a day or two just to be sure it is a tick. I did go offroad a bit on my trike yesterday and it may have fastened on to the underside of the seat from the long grass. They do move remarkably fast and could easily have climbed up through the seat mesh.

Top Bottom