Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
The weather forecast for today was appalling with rainfall warnings in place so I brave the relatively light rain that was in the morning to get a ride in before the predicted deluge. I haven't cycled much these past few weeks so wanted a ride in to try and keep fitness. Thirty miles in the pouring rain and then the skies cleared after I got back and the weather is now glorious sunshine! Such is life.

I actually have a date this evening, first in many years! I have just ironed a shirt, first time probably since whenever I last went out on date. I had to unearth the ironing board from the back of the cupboard.

Perhaps I should have consulted Accy for advice on dressing to impress.
How are you going to explain the very wide lapels on your jacket and the flares.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Its been dry here today but 6 miles down the road they have had a good rain shower

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Job for the afternoon once I got home. MrsF wants to repaper one wall in the lounge (the rest are painted) but she wants the picture light changing for a wall light.

This also needed the electrical point moving, so had to chanel out the wall about a foot to where the new light's 'rose' would be. Messy job but now done and sone replastering started.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The weather forecast for today was appalling with rainfall warnings in place so I brave the relatively light rain that was in the morning to get a ride in before the predicted deluge. I haven't cycled much these past few weeks so wanted a ride in to try and keep fitness. Thirty miles in the pouring rain and then the skies cleared after I got back and the weather is now glorious sunshine! Such is life.

I actually have a date this evening, first in many years! I have just ironed a shirt, first time probably since whenever I last went out on date. I had to unearth the ironing board from the back of the cupboard.

Perhaps I should have consulted Accy for advice on dressing to impress.

Prosperous Voyage, @Accy cyclist !

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Shoes polished.:becool:

I was going to post, after reading about your date, to not forget to polish your shoes!:thumbsup: The last time I went out on a date was 33 long years ago, when I wore a shirt & tie, brown leather jacket, light grey dogtooth pleated turn up trousers and er, off white patent leather brogues!:blush: Anyway, it went well as my date became (the former) Mrs Accy!

Last edited:
Not really sure what it was like outside today as I've spent the entire day (bar listening to the F1) working on my archive.

I am now up to date with all the issues of Wheelspin (a short oval fanzine of sorts) that are in my possession. Everything has been scanned, printed out, labelled, additional notes added and filed.

A few of the issues I'd acquired have had bits clipped out of them so I'm missing some results. While it's a right pain, copies of Wheelspin, especially the ones in the timeframe I'm working in, are not that easy to come by, so it's been a question of taking what I can get. A damaged issue isn't ideal, but when the alternative is no issue at all, I'm not going to be too fussy.

I think I could use another :cuppa:

Top Bottom