Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
They certainly are for MrsPete! I'm not partial to them, actually.

I'm more of a Sherbet Lemon type of chap.. 🍋

I used to love those. I loved Strawberry Sherbets even more.

I remember when Fizz Bombs first came out, which came in a jar with a plain white label and very plain labelling, before whichever confectionery firm bought out the rights and toned them down.

They absolutely blew my mouth off.

Mike_P

Guru
Rain seems to have run out overnight here and there has been the occasional sighting of a strange bright object in the sky.

Three days off work to take dad for an eye op tomorrow so packing this am I searched for a reasonable neat looking pair of jeans but the odd paint and oil stain or overly whitened knees etc saw then all put to one side and a new pair needed.

Always found Tu jeans from Sainsbury's a good fit on me so a surprise outing for the ebike especially given the battery level was on two bars. A route of least steep climbing needed with minimal use of the assist so outbound on the normal return route varied by following the cycle route towards town rather than going up Humps and a hill. That did require cutting across the grass to avoid a fallen tree blocking the path. Blocked drains were evident by two partly flooded roads.

Found instead of correctly labelling the leg length they have changed to the annoying short, regular, long. Long was clearly too long while the attendant at the self scan tills agreed regular seemed right. Also actually found a pack of uncooked mackerel fillets which are a rare find on a Friday.

For the return opted for a route almost via Morrisons using gentler gradients than going up showground hill. The battery was still on two bars when I got home. 623ft of elevational gain over 9.56 miles compared to the usually taken circuit of 10.39 miles and 800ft of elevational gain.

Last edited:
Currently not raining here chez Casa Reynard, but it's been leaking from the sky on and off all morning and more forecast for this afternoon. I do not think I will need to water the triffids.

Slept ok-ish, but had some very strange dreams that I can't quite remember. I have spent the morning working on the archive. With all the Wheelspins sorted for now, I've switched to the large stash of about eighty Motoring Newses that I've yet to process. I will also sort out some photographs to take to the machine in Tesco this afternoon - I have to head out anyway to drop off the parental's prescription and pick up bread, milk, fruit and some packed lunchables for Thursday. Doing it all in one fell swoop saves an extra trip out.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Don't, my wife likes to take a load of stuff. If we go for a day, there will be the gas Camping Gas party BBQ, picnic, wind break, chairs, and wet suits for swimming and changing robes. We've got a beach trolly now.

Ah yes, those walks to the beach & back with the children complaining about having to carry something & where one of the poles to the wind break mysteriously disappears.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Does it cost £10 now!? Blimey, it was 2/6d last time I went to a barbers

Used to get my hair cut in Rhyl on our 6 monthly visits. Couldn't tell you how much. I moved here & everywhere seemed to want you o make appointments! So now I use my beard trimmer all over.

tom73

Guru
Come back from back town knowing the battery was charged went to carry on pumping up the van tyre. Going nicely till around 50 PSI then heard it slowly going. So got out the way and few moments later popped. May have come off the rim and go back on but likely damaged from running flat. Not trusting it don't fancy it going when driving a 3.5t of van. So new tyre time will get the mobile fitter save time and they can sort tomorrow. Cost's a bit more but we don't have any tyre places near not with stock anyway. Don't fancy getting this off and putting the spare on. Don't do much mechanic stuff the jack I do have won't be happy under the van.

postman

Squire
Mrs P and me start some more jollies on Saturday,a few miles to be driven,to see family and friends around the country.With a weeks stay near Battle Sussex.So Miss P is staying and looking after the house,so today i have cleaned up again only the shower room to do tomorrow.What a domestic god i am.

Top Bottom