Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
I am having a weekend break in the cotswolds with Mrs Tummy and 2 junior Tummies + spouses + grandchildren × 5

oldwheels

Legendary Member
:wacko: Mostly doing nothing much day.
The library tends to major on “ Crime” type fiction which I cannot be bothered with and the non fiction side has not changed for years.
I did find an interesting local history one recently but mostly these are all a bit romanticised. The only interesting books in non fiction are ones I requested years ago and one I asked for about 6 months ago has never appeared. The central library did have it but probably sent it off to get pulped so gone for ever unless I buy my own copy.
Topped up the car fuel as the pumps happened to be available. My previous attempt was thwarted by a woman who stopped at one pump but then opened the back hatch on her car preventing me from getting to the other pump.
Sat at the marina for a while once I found a seat and watched somebody recover a 6 metre RIB with the aid of two youngish children who knew exactly what to do without being told. All went very smoothly.
I have seen ( and taken part in) some terrible bourachs when trying to recover keel boats with wind and waves combining to make it as difficult as possible.
Like the two blokes who got the boat on to the trailer ok but then tried to tow it a bit further up the ramp by rope attached to the tow car. Rope broke so they tied the two ends together and tried again.
They did this three times until an onlooker suggested gently it might be an idea to double the rope.:wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just before i went out this morning I remembered that it was Felixstowe Carnival day so headed into town instead to get a few bits in for the weekend instead of going later in the day when it would have been impossible to get around. It also turned out to be a good move weather wise as it started raining not long after midday and hasn't stopped since.

I have just found my phone charger.

Top Bottom