Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Made it back from Stuttgart, not helped by Deutsche Bahn.
It's the season where lots of German schoolkids go away as a class for the week. At the same time many people without kids go on holiday to avoid the main school holiday season.
Lots of these people want to go where I live.
Knowing this, Deutsche Bahn decided today was the best Monday to cancel the first train of the day, and then make the second train shorter than usual...

Lots of people come to where I live so the problems are familiar. I feel a rant coming on so better shut up now.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's Swan Upping Day. 🦆

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The rain did not appear so went for a walk but got diverted by a meeting of the “we hate the tourist industry and holiday homes in particular” committee.
One neighbour had gone to get some shopping but had to return empty handed as being disabled she could not find anywhere to park her car. Back home the owner of the hated holiday house had appeared with a large van and instead of going to the parking place in front of the house had taken up three of our spaces plus a strategically placed wheely bin partially blocked another used by this neighbour.
Some of us attempted to buy this parking area in the past but the council deny ownership which is a straight lie.
The area was gifted to the town council by the then owner about 45 years ago. When Strathclyde Region was formed they set about destroying all the town records but some were saved by an employee who in effect “stole” them for posterity. He is now dead do cannot be prosecuted.
Rant over for now anyway.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
On the subject of mushrooms I went on two mushroom foraging walks supervised by an expert. Surprising number of wild ones are good to eat and really only a couple are dangerous and even look a bit dodgy.
At the end of each walk we adjourned to a picnic area where a stove and pan had been left to cook the results of our foraging.
Nobody died.:smile:

Lots of people come to where I live so the problems are familiar. I feel a rant coming on so better shut up now.

It's more DB's sudden post privatisation incompetence than the tourists. It gets a bit crowded but fortunately most go to areas near where I live rather than my town.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar
Wants to be the centre of attention, touchy, thinks he looks younger than he is, definitely male.

He was a naughty engine today,

F6D7783A-5038-41FE-A36C-38EED3613488.jpeg
so we made him stand in the corner and think about what he did.

Top Bottom