Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dinner taking a long time to cook tonight. I'm not exactly Hank Marvin, more like him plus the rest of the Shadows :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Wasp's are pretty cool things if we had none we'd be over ran with bugs. The about one larva eats is massive , oh and we'd have no chocolate either , cocoa can only be pollinated by one sort of tiny wasp.

I'm allergic to them, I got stung a few years ago and needed an emergency ambulance, then spent the afternoon in A & E, I'm not a fan of them.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
FB_IMG_1689625207889.jpg

This was my little lump from an ar5e daggering when I was on my commute a few years ago 🐝

tyred

Legendary Member
Wasp's are pretty cool things if we had none we'd be over ran with bugs. The about one larva eats is massive , oh and we'd have no chocolate either , cocoa can only be pollinated by one sort of tiny wasp.

I may jest with the guns smiley but I didn't kill it. I haven't killed one in years. It was attracted to a few beer cans I had set out to take for recycling. I saw it go into one so I quickly covered the top with an envelope and took it outside and released it so I may have got it drunk but I didn't kill it!

I saw my first wasp of the season.:gun:

I had quite a few last week feeding on some Salmon scraps I had put out for the birds. You normally see them later in the year when apples and plums are about.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I managed to miss all the rain today. There was a shower that passed to the north of Ipswich just before I set off for my ride, but by the time I got to that area the stiff breeze & sunshine had dried everything up. Then while having lunch in Stowmarket, a series of shower clouds passed just to the north of there as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
What other courses can people suggest would fall into that category?
I did an NVQ in Outdoor Ed. Most of the course was simply paperwork, and how to fill in the paperwork. Practicing planning events, never being able to follow them through from start, through planning to execution.

I found myself relying more on work done voluntary, away from the course, for the actual course paperwork.

Having to go back to a group and tell them that the activity you'd got lined up for them was cancelled wasn't very nice. If it was me that had made the promise to them, it was me that went back to tell them it wasn't now going ahead. Not fair on anyone, especially a group of school kids that had been promised a day, or longer, away from school.

Tasked with getting an orienteering course set up within the college grounds. Had 32 steel plates, with 12 finished, and ready to be put in place only to be told it wasn't going ahead. Because I couldn't access a printer that could draw a curve.

Don't know one person who actually got into work through doing that course. Around fifty took part in the course.

At the nursery we use to get ours from a grower who did nothing else. Tomato plants are one of them things people buy early as they panic you may runout. We use always ask have you any heat? Nost always said no. We you to say well put them back and come back when it warms up a bit. Won't you run out ? No we will have plenty of stock.

I buy mine mid-May, which seems to work well enough.

My drive (concrete), where I grow my tomatoes in planters, is a sun trap and sheltered from everything bar a brisk south easterly. It gets pretty warm there during the day, and then the concrete releases the absorbed heat during the night.

Top Bottom