Mrs Brown's boys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Was Thin Blue Line not one of your favourites?

Alas, never seen it. At the best of times I'm not a huge watcher of the Baird Televisor.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Spotted at 5.30 this evening. Why, just why would you have such a thing??!! 🤔 :laugh: :rolleyes:

hc=MULa7B6DGd8Q7kNvgHqgL36&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=PxoJi-pcvtgQ7kNvgE9Vyq-&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I think the fact that the BBC puts Mrs Browns boys on when a lot of people are getting ready to go to bed says a lot.
Why the Beeb keep buying this tosh is beyond me.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think the fact that the BBC puts Mrs Browns boys on when a lot of people are getting ready to go to bed says a lot.

This is a very good point. Putting sh!te on at that time of night explains the popularity of the chronically unfunny which amuses people in an advanced state of refreshment when they get in from the pub with a takeaway.

Alex321

Guru

I don't think it says much at all really. I suspect more people record or watch via iplayer nowadays than actually watching something as it is broadcast.

It isn't tosh though. You don't like it, fair enough. Neither do I.

But a lot of people do, as witness this thread and the "What comedy do you like" thread. And if a lot of people enjoy it, then it is serving its purpose, and isn't tosh.

The last series (September last year, 4 episodes) did have the lowest average audience the show has had, but it was still around 3 million per episode.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They won best comedy at the NTAs.

The awards are voted for by the public, I’d love to know the demographic of the voters. It’s lowest common denominator stuff.

AndyRM

XOXO
They won best comedy at the NTAs.

The awards are voted for by the public, I’d love to know the demographic of the voters. It’s lowest common denominator stuff.

It's been winning the all kinds of awards pretty consistently for a decade.

I reckon it benefits from the Irish vote. Bloc voting usually does well when left to the public.

Top Bottom