Mrs Brown's boys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You have reminded me of the lovely cuddly Lee Anderson complaining about something to do with Terry and June and cancel culture and good comedy. I remember T&J. It was awful when it was being made. Can't believe they haven't 'accidentally' lost the tapes as a service to mankind.

Lee Anderson is exactly the sort of person who I suspect would absolutely love Mrs Browns Boys.

Alex321

Guru
A lot of people do like it. My wife used to watch it. She may still do, but I don't think so - I don't tend to take much notice of what she has on TV, it is normally in a different room to me, but I still think if she watched it regularly I'd have seen snippets.

I never liked it much, but I can certainly see why people did, at least in the early days.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I saw 1 or 2 episodes a few years ago, it was mildy funny in places but if you've ever seen an episode of "Bread" then it's a very cheap copy. As others have said, if it keeps bringing in the viewers then it must be worth trotting it out season after season

stephec

Squire
Only ever seen a couple of the trailers for the show and that was enough to put me off ever watching it.

Mind you I feel the same about the Royle Family and seemingly folk loved that too..

I think the difference between those two is that a lot of people recognise someone they know in The Royale Family, whereas Mrs Brown's is just the world's unfunniest transvestite talking cack.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Only ever seen a couple of the trailers for the show and that was enough to put me off ever watching it.

Mind you I feel the same about the Royle Family and seemingly folk loved that too..

Wow.
Two completely different programs.
One was a critically acclaimed minimalist sitcom with a number of very well respected actors.
The other is a poor man’s panto.

I would class the Royle Family as one of the greatest comedy programs of all time. The Queen of Sheba episode is fantastic.

Wow.
Two completely different programs.
One was a critically acclaimed minimalist sitcom with a number of very well respected actors.
The other is a poor man’s panto.

I would class the Royle Family as one of the greatest comedy programs of all time. The Queen of Sheba episode is fantastic.

We obviously like very different things. I had to sit through one single episode of the Royle Family (an ex girlfriend was a fan) and it bored me so much. Awful program.

Caroline Aherne is one of the best comedy talents ever, she is up there with people like Ronnie Barker.
The Royal Family was very cleverly done and sharp nothing like Mrs Browns Boys.

Alex321

Guru
Caroline Aherne is one of the best comedy talents ever, she is up there with people like Ronnie Barker.
The Royal Family was very cleverly done and sharp nothing like Mrs Browns Boys.

You appear to have liked it, and presumably watched quite a lot, yet you can't actually spell the title right?

I'm with Regular.Cyclist here. I can appreciate that she is talented and understand why people like her, but I just don't personally like that type of humour.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I thought it was quite funny in the beginning, but as time went on it became the same old same old. I haven't watched it for a long time. Then again I don't tend to find new comedies funny at all.

You appear to have liked it, and presumably watched quite a lot, yet you can't actually spell the title right?

I'm with Regular.Cyclist here. I can appreciate that she is talented and understand why people like her, but I just don't personally like that type of humour.

Why be a pedant when there's absolutely no need?. Royle/Royal, so what? I'm sorry that things must be so bad for you at the moment that you have to elevate yourself by putting peoples spelling down.

Top Bottom