Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Moving day today, and I am officially no longer appropriate for posting in this thread :-)

400 miles of motorway, with massive rainshowers and even bigger queues on the M6. It's the longest I've ever driven in a day, and I hope it will be many years before I have to do it again.

:hello: All the best for your new life, job & last but not least cycling 'down south'! You seem to have taken our summer away with you. :rolleyes: You'll always be a honorary member of CC Ecosse, please do pop in here frequently and let us know how you are getting on!:hugs:
What's this strange wet stuff that's coming along horizonally outside? :rain:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
upload_2014-8-2_13-58-37.png
or
upload_2014-8-2_13-57-44.png
- or both ?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
:hello: All the best for your new life, job & last but not least cycling 'down south'! You seem to have taken our summer away with you. :rolleyes: You'll always be a honorary member of CC Ecosse, please do pop in here frequently and let us know how you are getting on!:hugs:

Definitely don't have to live north of the border to be involved here. I should know :smile:

What's this strange wet stuff that's coming along horizontally outside? :rain:

T

I think it's called summer :biggrin:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Thanks for the kind words everyone, and worry not - I will be back in Scotland at some point.

Having left academia, I will likely actually be taking the holiday I am entitled to from now on - not many better ways to spend some of it than north of the border on a bike.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Having left academia, I will likely actually be taking the holiday I am entitled to from now on - not many better ways to spend some of it than north of the border on a bike.
:ohmy: - will it survive without you ? :unsure:

So you must have a real job now ... one that pays real £££ ?? :wahhey:

I see an N + 1 or 2 in your future ... :laugh:

Every success to you and strength to your legs ! :bicycle:

Fubar

Guru
Thanks for the kind words everyone, and worry not - I will be back in Scotland at some point.

All the best Gandalf er Rasmus - my very first CC Ecosse ride Round the Forth with you, Scoosh, Colin, Stewart, John (and others) seems a VERY long time ago, yet you don't appear to have aged at all?!?

GBC

Veteran
After years spent in the pursuit of sheer speed, up to and including 20kph, I've decided in the face of advancing years to go for 'comfie' instead. Please meet my new shiny shiny sparkly Jamis Quest Comp:welcome:
It features a Reynolds 520 steel frame, carbon forks, and a Sora triple with a 11-28 cassette. Haven't had a proper ride on it yet, but it promises to be so comfortable that there's a real danger I may nod off!

upload_2014-8-7_23-18-19.jpeg

And yes, I've been thinking and planning so much for it, I haven't had time to cut the grass.

Top Bottom