Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
hmm ... never done an audax before :shy:.
Not sure I like the A road back to Musselburgh ... As I understand, audax routes are optional as long as you pass all the checkpoints in the right order, so could I add a meander if I fancy it (and am not running out of time)?

T

edindave

Über Member
hmm ... never done an audax before :shy:.
Not sure I like the A road back to Musselburgh ... As I understand, audax routes are optional as long as you pass all the checkpoints in the right order, so could I add a meander if I fancy it (and am not running out of time)?
T
That's right; controls are mandatory - routes are optional. :thumbsup:
It would take some serious meandering to run out of time!

GBC

Veteran
Took the day off today to go and catch the TT. It was a cracking day for it with very little wind compared to yesterday and tons of sunshine between the heavy showers.
Heading for the Road Race on Sunday but here's a few memories of today;

upload_2014-7-31_21-26-38.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-27-22.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-28-32.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-30-45.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-32-2.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-33-14.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-34-45.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-36-27.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-37-44.jpeg

upload_2014-7-31_21-39-11.jpeg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Nice shots @GBC . I was watching it from the Gallowgate. Took my old Puch Alpine with me which was amazingly getting some attention. Bumped into an old pal I hadn't seen for a while so we headed into the Crystal Bell during the breaks in action. Turned out to a good wee day out, even though I'm not a big fan of watching cycling.

GBC

Veteran
Glad you like them @Brandane. My mate lives in Stepps so I parked up there and we headed over to Rhubarb Braes, which let us catch them on the way out, and then again as they came back in from Muirhead. Good day and a good crowd:smile:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Moving day today, and I am officially no longer appropriate for posting in this thread :-)

400 miles of motorway, with massive rainshowers and even bigger queues on the M6. It's the longest I've ever driven in a day, and I hope it will be many years before I have to do it again.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Moving day today, and I am officially no longer appropriate for posting in this thread :-)

400 miles of motorway, with massive rainshowers and even bigger queues on the M6. It's the longest I've ever driven in a day, and I hope it will be many years before I have to do it again.

Are you sure you turned the oven off?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

My best wishes for a smooth settling into your new home and new job.
We will miss you!
Many years ago, when immigrants from the continent used to change their mind, go back to their country of origin, then without fail, after a few months, come back here, there was a say I heard often: once you drink the water in Scotland you can never leave.
May your new rides be challenging, may your new ride companions be friendly and the cake be good! :hugs: :cheers: :bicycle:

Top Bottom