Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
After years spent in the pursuit of sheer speed, up to and including 20kph, I've decided in the face of advancing years to go for 'comfie' instead. Please meet my new shiny shiny sparkly Jamis Quest Comp:welcome:
It features a Reynolds 520 steel frame, carbon forks, and a Sora triple with a 11-28 cassette. Haven't had a proper ride on it yet, but it promises to be so comfortable that there's a real danger I may nod off!

View attachment 52750

And yes, I've been thinking and planning so much for it, I haven't had time to cut the grass.

Shed could do with a lick of paint too... :whistle:

GBC

Veteran
Shed could do with a lick of paint too... :whistle:

I was just pointing that out to the carer Mark:thumbsup:

Grand Depart, Stage 2, Sheffield, Jenkin Road. Out of thousands of folk find myself opposite to Scottish guys who asked to take a photo us holding our Saltires .
Commonwealth Games, road race, Montrose Street. Out of the initial hundreds of people (soggy falling stuff chased some folk inside) I find myself thinking, is that the two same guys from Jenkin Road? Answer, sure was, even on the exact same side of the road too.
It's a small planet.

Fubar

Guru
Grand Depart, Stage 2, Sheffield, Jenkin Road. Out of thousands of folk find myself opposite to Scottish guys who asked to take a photo us holding our Saltires .
Commonwealth Games, road race, Montrose Street. Out of the initial hundreds of people (soggy falling stuff chased some folk inside) I find myself thinking, is that the two same guys from Jenkin Road? Answer, sure was, even on the exact same side of the road too.
It's a small planet.

Aye, but I wouldn'ae want to paint it.

GBC

Veteran
Just one tin?!? That's a big shed...

12' x 10' @Fubar - I'll chuck in a bag of cheese and onion as well;)

Rasmus

Without a clever title
:ohmy: - will it survive without you ? :unsure:

So you must have a real job now ... one that pays real £££ ?? :wahhey:

I see an N + 1 or 2 in your future ... :laugh:

Every success to you and strength to your legs ! :bicycle:

New job is working for a company that makes the tools used for research - so my new job is kind of to make sure my old job survives without me ^_^

More of a side step in the career, so not much more £££s - for now.

But n+1 is a virtual guarantee as the current roadbike will be transformed into a commuter:wahhey:

Top Bottom