Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
It's a bit breezy today ... went out early to do some shopping, and had to hold on to the handlebars quite tightly a couple of times in crosswinds :eek:, and that was before it picked up some more. Curtains of showers now starting to blow past the window ... might spend the afternoon doing some indoors stuff, bike needs a good clean :laugh:, and there is domestic goddess stuff to do (NOT a la Nigella :rolleyes:)

I wonder how @Col5632 is getting on with his Saturday bimble? :thumbsup:

T

I'm still swithering whether to go out or not......don't know if that gives an idea what weather like in the west :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Cyclists should appreciate the values of the choccy bars whose slogan was something like:
"... milk to build you up and chocolate to keep yo
I'm still swithering whether to go out or not......don't know if that gives an idea what whether like in the west :rolleyes:
Just go out, point yourself west [with thanks to @Telemark :blush:] eastwards ... then get the train back from St Andrews/Montrose/Aberdeen - all without having turned a pedal by yourself ! :ohmy: [ just like him ->:bicycle:]

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
... depends whether your bike has backwards gears :rolleyes:
You might see better what you are being blown into if you face east :whistle:

For the record, I have been out on my tank :wub:, despite our combined weight it was a bit hairy at times :ph34r::tongue:.
Tomorrow is another day, just now it's time to eat some cake :hungry:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have you fixed the mudguard on your low-centre-of-gravity bike yet?

T
errr ... errrm ... :blush:

no

:secret:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
errr ... errrm ... :blush:

no

:secret:
... better get on with it then :tongue: ... that's what wet & windy Saturday afternoons are there for.
I've just finished cleaning the Trek, it's probably a few 100g lighter with all the crud that's come off, after only a week's commuting :headshake:!
I can also see the rims again properly and spokes, no cracks or looseness. :thumbsup: Feeling very virtuous and definitely deserving some cake. :angel:

T

Col5632

Guru
Never got out on the bike today, didnt sleep till 4am last night and with the wild weather we were having decided against it, got my hair cut and some xmas shopping instead, tomorrows task is to get the hybrid ready for monday :thumbsup:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I was drunk yesterday, headed up logie kirk today to clear the drink out my system..that was a struggle..

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Only need another 45 mile to get me over the 7000 miles for the end of year, i should get it during this week if the weather is kind to us...pretty pleased with that total, i`ve done not to bad..

Top Bottom