Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
There was cake :shy:
WHO ate all the cake :ninja::gun: :whistle:
According to the best weather forecast out there, MagicSeaweed.com, we are in for a battering from high winds and rain for at least the next week. Batten down the hatches, and I for one will not be venturing out on a bicycle :ohmy:.
That's a really nice website, @Brandane , thanks!

@Col5632 , I did mean this morning (the warning would have disappeared after it expired at 9am - sorry should have taken a screenshot to avoid confusion...). It was pretty windy Chez T last night (keep quiet @mr messy :rolleyes:) - I woke up from a gust slamming into the house and shaking it. There were gusts of >50 mph forecast for Edinburgh this morning, which didn't materialise in the end. :thumbsup: I looked out the window and went out on the bike, figuring that the worst that could happen was me coming to a halt if a headwind of that strength were to hit on the exposed parts of the commute. No danger of being blown into lorries or lorries being blown into me anyway. It was very pleasant in the end, +10C & dry, no more breezy than during the last few days. :dance:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Defo not what i wanted to hear :sad:
Sorry! But thought it would be better to be aware :thumbsup:. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they are forecasting, especially Saturday daytime, and Sunday night / Monday morning :surrender:. I have a particular dislike of gale force winds, being the owner of a slate roof which costs me a visit from a roofer after every storm :sad:.

Col5632

Guru
I bloody hate the wind, hopefully it doesnt come to anything cause i would like to get out on the bike tomorrow, although might try and get the hybrid finally back on the road and get the roadie its long overdue service :laugh:

Col5632

Guru
Or Marshmallows. Or Coffee. Or Wind. Or Punctures. Or Long Trousers.

I've never said i don't like marshmallows, the rest i agree with :thumbsup:

Top Bottom