Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Soft Westies :whistle: ;) often get more clouds & less frost/ice ... it was a beautiful clear morning further east :sun:, so yesterday's puddles had gone a wee bit crunchy (mind, the sun didn't come up until well after I arrived at work :rolleyes:)

Well done on your record commuting times :thumbsup: ... what a waste of good cake though if the bad had happened properly :tongue:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No ice at all here in Glesga, just a chilly wind and a few folks murdered in parks :ohmy:
Glad you got your tyres @Telemark !
I have been doing some baking :biggrin:
Used to bake a lot years ago, when it was two of us, sort of got out of the habit but talking to Telemark made me remember how enjoyable baking is. Thanks T. :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
No ice at all here in Glesga, just a chilly wind and a few folks murdered in parks :ohmy:
Glad you got your tyres @Telemark !
I have been doing some baking :biggrin:
Used to bake a lot years ago, when it was two of us, sort of got out of the habit but talking to Telemark made me remember how enjoyable baking is. Thanks T. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: What you have you been baking? :hungry: You'll have the Westies gang queueing up at your door (if they know where you live :ph34r:) ...:mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:
Plenty of takers who will help you to enjoy your baking even more :giggle: ... are you planning to join the Loch Lomond ride? :hugs:
I'll have to do something with a few spare cooking apples this weekend before they go off :scratch:...

Not got the tyres yet, they were last seen in Koblenz at 7pm, according to the tracker :hyper:

Pat "5mph"

You will probably get them tomorrow, took 2 days with both my orders.
I have been making Lebkuchen, hallumopitta (halloumi bread) and Kourapiedes (almond short bread)
Will make another batch of Lebkuchen for the Lomond ride, as it really is delicious if i may say so myself :hungry:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Wow, you've been busy! Never heard of hallumopitta or kourapiedes before ... love Halloumi & almonds though :hyper:...
Whereas Lebkuchen are one of my favourite baking items :mrpig:. The TriCentre currently has a Lebkuchen replica shop, complete with Lebkuchen bikes, in the shop window, must take a photo and post it here!

There is a recipe thread somewhere in the Cafe, it keeps getting resurrected every so often ... fancy posting the recipes?

T

Pat "5mph"

Wow, you've been busy! Never heard of hallumopitta or kourapiedes before ... love Halloumi & almonds though :hyper:...
Whereas Lebkuchen are one of my favourite baking items :mrpig:. The TriCentre currently has a Lebkuchen replica shop, complete with Lebkuchen bikes, in the shop window, must take a photo and post it here!

There is a recipe thread somewhere in the Cafe, it keeps getting resurrected every so often ... fancy posting the recipes?

T
I am sooo lazy at writing down recipes, but will make an effort ^_^

Col5632

Guru
Ouch, glad you are both OK! :B) There was ice on this site of the Forth, too, out of town anyway. :ph34r:
The spiked tyres I wanted were back in stock again yesterday at the site recommended by @Pat "5mph" , mine are now dispatched, total cost inc. postage from Germany less than £45 (massive discount) :dance: . I went for the Schwalbe Winter in the end (700 x 30c), there are lots of types/sizes to choose from ...
Thanks again, Pat! :thumbsup:

T

Both fine just gave me a bit of a freight

Really struggled this morning, cycled home about 1am this morning, up at 8 to then cycle the 5 miles straight into the wind which for me is always tuff on a wednesday cause i play football the night before :bicycle: I was really ready to give up this morning :heat:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Both fine just gave me a bit of a freight

Really struggled this morning, cycled home about 1am this morning, up at 8 to then cycle the 5 miles straight into the wind which for me is always tuff on a wednesday cause i play football the night before :bicycle: I was really ready to give up this morning :heat:

But you didn't ...:bravo:
Wind is character building, as they say :scratch::giggle:, you'll be flying come spring if you don't stop during the windy months :thumbsup:
(hang on, I shouldn't be encouraging you, I want to beat you on MCL next year :banghead:)

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Tomorrow looks a bit 'interesting' for the morning commute, according to the MetOffice ... yellow wind warning, sleet and 41mph head/cross wind gusts at +3C for around sea level in Edinburgh ... :cold::rain: my office is at 200m asl :ph34r: :ohmy:, will there be :snowball:?
I might just review my options in the morning and see what it looks like outside, instead of auto-piloting into my cycling gear. :blush:
Nae sign of the winter tyres yet :sad:

T

Pat "5mph"

Tomorrow looks a bit 'interesting' for the morning commute, according to the MetOffice ... yellow wind warning, sleet and 41mph head/cross wind gusts at +3C for around sea level in Edinburgh ... :cold::rain: my office is at 200m asl :ph34r: :ohmy:, will there be :snowball:?
I might just review my options in the morning and see what it looks like outside, instead of auto-piloting into my cycling gear. :blush:

T
Oh my the wind! Discovered Mrs. Doubtfire at 3 stone is not easily swayed, she was a rock!
What I want to know is why, having changed directions 3 times in my commute tonight, the wind was in my face the whole way. By logic, I should have had a tail wind (storm) at some point.
Took me 45 min instead of the usual 30 :sweat:
Deserve a wee bit of cake now ^_^
Your tyres won't be long @Telemark , Christmas postal service :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Oh my the wind! Discovered Mrs. Doubtfire at 3 stone is not easily swayed, she was a rock!
What I want to know is why, having changed directions 3 times in my commute tonight, the wind was in my face the whole way. By logic, I should have had a tail wind (storm) at some point.
Took me 45 min instead of the usual 30 :sweat:
Deserve a wee bit of cake now ^_^
Your tyres won't be long @Telemark , Christmas postal service :smile:

It's like going round Arthur's Seat when it's windy ... the wind is either with your or against you all the way round, when it should in theory switch the other way at some point :wacko:. Well done, Mrs D & @Pat "5mph" :thumbsup:, enjoy your cake! :hungry:

The ice tyres have crossed the Channel and were in Oldbury near Birmingham this evening :hyper:, yay for parcel trackers :wahhey:.

T

Col5632

Guru

T

Yeah I think ill do the same, wind is really something tonight, glad my commute home was wind assisted, was mega close to giving up this morning, still adjusting to the heavy hybrid again too, hate not being able to move my hands and arms anywhere else :laugh:

Top Bottom