Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I seen louch talking about the gleneagles loop a few pages back, here is a link to my last ride up that way, i`ve went up over Dunning hill, some might not be up for that, but you do have to climb up to glendevon and that can be tough, never done it myself i always come down glendevon and it looks tough on the legs...Also i done it clock wise because i had the wind on my back, it can be done the other way but you`re heading into the wind...the loop is roads that are just amazing for cycling...the road from dunblane through kinbuck to the juntion at braco is shut to cars , then the road along the back of gleneagles is also great for cycling..i would say from dunblane till the junction at gleneagles you will pass about 2 cars..amazing roads

http://app.strava.com/activities/75148056

Last edited:

Col5632

Guru
I seen louch talking about the gleneagles loop a few pages back, here is a link to my last ride up that way, i`ve went up over Dunning hill, some might not be up for that, but you do have to climb up to glendevon and that can be tough, never done it myself i always come down glendevon and it looks tough on the legs...Also i done it clock wise because i had the wind on my back, it can be done the other way but you`re heading into the wind...the loop is roads that are just amazing for cycling...the road from dunblane through kinbuck to the juntion at braco is shut to cars , then the road along the back of gleneagles is also great for cycling..i would say from dunblane till the junction at gleneagles you will pass about 2 cars..amazing roads

http://app.strava.com/activities/75148056

Looks like a pretty decent route :thumbsup:

Tolvar

So I decided to go out for a little cycle today. Headed out with a manageable location in mind then made the fatal mistake of wondering where this road goes and could I bag my first half century. After 55 miles and still having 20 to get home all I cod think about was how sore my legs were, how numb my ass was and how tasty that large bar of chocolate was going to be once I made it back! So I've now made the half century and 70+, all good fun, but boy am I knackered!

Col5632

Guru
So I decided to go out for a little cycle today. Headed out with a manageable location in mind then made the fatal mistake of wondering where this road goes and could I bag my first half century. After 55 miles and still having 20 to get home all I cod think about was how sore my legs were, how numb my ass was and how tasty that large bar of chocolate was going to be once I made it back! So I've now made the half century and 70+, all good fun, but boy am I knackered!

Congrats :bravo:

Top Bottom