Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
I have Glasgow half marathon 6th October, so need to start running again soon, so after that please

I'll shout some abuse encouragement if I see you Louch, SWMBO is doing it as well:hello:

GBC

Veteran
I don't think that I'm a particularly naive person, a bit of an optimist perhaps but nothing excessive, so when I saw that the forecast for my ride last night was cloudy until about 6pm and then sunny intervals thereafter, I was really quite pleased. It fitted in with the general sort of weather that we'd been having recently so no need to take any waterproofs or anything like that.....you can guess the rest:angry:
IMG00025-20130829-1828.jpg

Sheltering from a particularly heavy 'sunny interval' at the ford at Eaglesham. Gave me the chance to tighten up the stem bolt to alleviate the loud creaking noises coming from that area. It was a partial cure; I'll have to have another look at it again later.

IMG00026-20130829-1905.jpg

Had to pull over at Whitelees Wind Farm to put the lights on as the 'sunny intervals' gave rise to particularly poor visibility. The photo doesn't do it justice, taken on the Blackberry, but it's really quite spooky when the top part of the turbine is hidden and all you see are the blades swooping down from the cloud and then back up and disappearing again. You lose the connection between the tower and the blades so it looks like they are quite independent.

Either that or it was the pills:crazy:

Gave me the chance to tighten up the stem bolt to alleviate the loud creaking noises coming from that area. It was a partial cure; I'll have to have another look at it again later.

I had a similar problem this week... I was getting a really annoying clicking sound from the front of the bike every time I put weight on the hoods and was convinced it was yet another tale of woe from these Triban wheels that everyone seems to get. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from initially but I noticed that there was no clicking when I just put pressure on the wheel, so a quick tightening of the headset bolts and voila, no clicking! ^_^

Fubar

Guru
I'm getting a rather worrying "grinding" noise from the rear hub - been looking at new wheels on t'interweb today...

Col5632

Guru
19 or 26 October suits me fine, depends how long it takes for @Louch to recover from running?!?

Both ok for me :thumbsup:

Top Bottom