Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Guys, would anyone be up for taking part in a CC Ecosse 100kms a month challenge, as per here: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/metric-century-100km-a-month-challenge.5623/

I'm thinking of @Louch @Col5632 specifically, but anyone welcome - we pick one Saturday a month and hammer out a 62 mile ride, either the same route or a different route of your choosing. We COULD start from Jan or we could start say October and get a run on it.

CC Ecosse rides could be included, so long as they are 62 miles! And I don't want too much travelling involved.

It's just a wee idea to keep us motivated over winter - thoughts?

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Guys, would anyone be up for taking part in a CC Ecosse 100kms a month challenge, as per here: http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/metric-century-100km-a-month-challenge.5623/

I'm thinking of @Louch @Col5632 specifically, but anyone welcome - we pick one Saturday a month and hammer out a 62 mile ride, either the same route or a different route of your choosing. We COULD start from Jan or we could start say October and get a run on it.

CC Ecosse rides could be included, so long as they are 62 miles! And I don't want too much travelling involved.

Sounds good.weekends will be my only riding over winter.

Booyaa

Veteran
Bloody police at Rutherglen still have my bike, the only guy that can release it is hardly ever there!!! Right pain in the arse. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been nicked or stripped!

Col5632

Guru

Sounds like a good idea to me :thumbsup:

Where has the real Mark went, the old one was never this crazy lol

Fubar

Guru
Sounds like a good idea to me :thumbsup:

Where has the real Mark went, the old one was never this crazy lol

Cool, start thinking of routes the and how you, I and @Louch want to achieve it - old Mark is history! (Though may return near last ten miles of hard routes ;) - joking, I hope!)

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Early start, up to tesco, breakfast and then back home.

From my way have Dunblane, gleneagles, glen devon loop.

Extend the fife loop.

Round the forth sq-stirling-culross-sq

Arran with some laps of ferry

East Lothian coastal ride

Speed run through west Lothian so our bikes don't end up on bricks

Fubar

Guru
Early start, up to tesco, breakfast and then back home.

From my way have Dunblane, gleneagles, glen devon loop.

Extend the fife loop.

Round the forth sq-stirling-culross-sq

Arran with some laps of ferry

East Lothian coastal ride

Speed run through west Lothian so our bikes don't end up on bricks

All good. Suggest what we do is each pick a route in rotation and agree that whatever route gets chosen we have to do with no moaning - I think mine will be the route @Col5632, @Scoosh and I did over to Falkland up to Newburgh (nice wee cafe stop there) and back via Glenfarg, with the option of Dunning Glen if feeling hardy...

Top Bottom