Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No stopping no shopping Pat! ;)
Any shops up the PfS 110 hills? :biggrin:
Might have to stop to let @Brandane catch up :whistle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ha! By the time PFS 2015 comes around, I am going to be an 11 stone racing snake. You will be left in my wake, because I am going out today to get me one of these things. No more crisps and chocolate! Well that's maybe a step too far, but hopefully more of the good stuff....
Waste of money imo. If you don't like vegetables and fruit in their natural state, you'll no like them pureed either, bet you gonna run to the chippy (or to the loo :laugh:) after the first attempt of "bulleting" your greens.
Nutribullets seem to be the latest food fad, some of the blends my colleagues consume look vile!
Anyhoo ... nothing beats a healthy home cooked meal :whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Waste of money imo. If you don't like vegetables and fruit in their natural state, you'll no like them pureed either, bet you gonna run to the chippy (or to the loo :laugh:) after the first attempt of "bulleting" your greens.
Nutribullets seem to be the latest food fad, some of the blends my colleagues consume look vile!

Is that an invite, @Pat "5mph" ? Can we all turn up :mrpig::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:, or is it only for those from deepest darkest Ayrshire? ;)

T

Brandane

Legendary Member
Waste of money imo. If you don't like vegetables and fruit in their natural state, you'll no like them pureed either,
Ahhh, but thats the thing; I do like fruit (and some veg, but prefer that as soup rather than smoothie). The problem I have with fruit is that it goes bad before I've had the chance to eat it. Now that problem is solved with frozen fruit (which I wouldn't eat on its own but ok for a smoothie).
Anyhoo - stop discouraging me, just because you are worried that you won't have time to get any stopping and shopping done while you wait for me on PFS.. :tongue:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
The poor fella lives near one of the best chippys in Alba...
real soul food:thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
The poor fella lives near one of the best chippys in Alba...
real soul food:thumbsup:
???
Good chippy in Largs? From my experience, both are a hit and miss. More often a miss than a hit. For a good fish supper you need to go to Troon (The Wee Hurry at the fish market) or Biggar (Townhead cafe). Even your own Louie's is far better than anything we have!
Helensburgh has a couple of good 'uns too. And Oban. Not that I like my fish suppers of course ^_^.

snorri

Legendary Member
???
Good chippy in Largs? From my experience, both are a hit and miss. More often a miss than a hit..
It's been a few years now but I still remember my one and only visit to a Largs chip shop. I was standing waiting to place my order while the guy was stirring things up in the fryer and checking out the clientele at the counter by means of the large mirror above the fryer. I can only imagine this guy had little understanding of mirrors and didn't seem to realise his clientele could also see his face. If he had realised, I hope he would not have performed an amazing trick with his acrobatic dentures.
It was too much for me, I left before he turned round to take my order:sad:.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
???
Good chippy in Largs? From my experience, both are a hit and miss. More often a miss than a hit. For a good fish supper you need to go to Troon (The Wee Hurry at the fish market) or Biggar (Townhead cafe). Even your own Louie's is far better than anything we have!
Helensburgh has a couple of good 'uns too. And Oban. Not that I like my fish suppers of course ^_^.

Louis?
Not as it used to be..
I do partake of an occasional haddie supper from the one with the big gruff fellow..
Only two left, in my Largs days, there were 6.
The last two were fuel for my return journey up yon main road... Brisbane Glen next time as from top it's nearly all downhill.

Top Bottom