Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The Perthshire 100 has left me ruined, took a week off, cycled last weekend , then two rides this weekend. Really struggling miles 30-50 when I was doing 50 miles frequently most of the year.

And the path of Condie hairpin is the work of the devil, who might well be the same chap who ripped by me as I puffed my way up it earlier

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I did, yes. Pretty pleased with them overall - lots of variety in the output (two flash frequencies, two levels of constant power). On the high power mode, which you need to light up an unlit road, the battery only lasts about 45 minutes, though. And I'm not sure it is enough power to really do the trick in the dark outside the city.

So, I'm looking to getting a bigger version to complement it for my rural commute.

Fubar

Guru
I was awarded my 3-year "trophy" yesterday for being on the forum, so decided to look back at my first post:

"Nervous newbie from Dunfermline, Fife - took up cycling again last year after a break of (approx) 24 years using my late Dad's mountain bike that I inherited, and just completed Pedal for Scotland Challenge Ride (50 miles) last weekend.

I'm not the fastest in the world (average approx 12-13 mph) however have lost 2 stone since I started back (still overweight though!) and recently migrated to SPD pedals and trying to increase my averages and lose some more weight. Also thinking about upgrading to a road bike and potentially commuting to Edinburgh (16 miles-ish).

Looking forward to stealing lots of ideas from the forum and maybe, just maybe contributing something worthwhile."

Well I did buy a road bike (3 in fact), lost more weight, upped my speed and started to commute to Edinburgh - not sure I've ever contributed anything worthwhile though...
Funny to think how much has changed in just 3 years! First person to welcome me? @edindave :hugs: with 2nd place going to @Telemark :thumbsup: and honourable mention to @HLaB for putting me on the club run track - thanks for putting up with me.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Well, I never thought I'd be mixing my interest in politics with my interest in cycling, but ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8pcSGL2CU

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Yeah, I can :becool:
Told him, he says he loves you so much, wants to get you lots of big presents, a wee mouse just don't cut it :laugh:

I think you may have told the wrong cat, or she was a bit grumpy you thought she was a boy. I don't think she was impressed it went in the bin with the others :cry:.

IMG_20140919_153152535.jpg

Top Bottom