Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I have let Finn know I am not doing pfs tomorrow, think all the flat excitement has caught up with me as not felt great the last couple of days, and don't think a 530 alarm and 90 miles on the bike will help me much

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I have let Finn know I am not doing pfs tomorrow, think all the flat excitement has caught up with me as not felt great the last couple of days, and don't think a 530 alarm and 90 miles on the bike will help me much
Better PM @GlasgowFinn and tell him how to get home, then ! :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Pat "5mph" can you suggest a route back towards Linlithgow that will avoid the route in - @Louch might know. I assume that if we are using roads then they can't really stop us.
Last year I cycled back to Glasgow via the canal, you enter it by leaving Murrayfield, turn right, right again into the shopping centre, take the hill behind the centre, straight up.
I don't know another way to avoid Cramond on going back to Glasgow.
Or you could enter the canal, ride into the Meadows then Waverly - just follow the cycle route signs - then train it to Linlithgow.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I will probably be doing PFS now, as I did the air show thing today. I will be going vintage tomorrow and giving the 1976 Puch Alpine an outing. It's bright yellow, so hard to miss. Give us a shout if you happen to pass me, because I don't think I'll be doing much passing of my own! Aiming to start about 9.30.

Pat "5mph"

I will probably be doing PFS now, as I did the air show thing today. I will be going vintage tomorrow and giving the 1976 Puch Alpine an outing. It's bright yellow, so hard to miss. Give us a shout if you happen to pass me, because I don't think I'll be doing much passing of my own! Aiming to start about 9.30.
Good luck, I'll be at work well before that time, the Green is going to be packed with cyclists from 6 am.
Are you doing the 110?
You'll be passing plenty! Take some tupperware for the charity baked goods at Avonbridge, cakes are awesome!

Pat "5mph"

I admire your faith in my cycling abilities, that's a double espresso I owe you ;).
Maybe next year, but for now I am still under orders from the physio to "keep it sensible".
Would like to do it next year too :thumbsup:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Phew - what a great day for PfS! Knocked 20 minutes off last year and finished in 3h 15mins but I'm jiggered now. Made the mistake of fitting new brake pads last night and had a few hairy moments. Strava says I was going at 31mph when I decided to do a skid turn over a wee bridge outside Linlithgow. Still, I didn't kill myself and I've reminded myself I'm still alive.

Top Bottom