Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Couldn't have asked for a better day for PFS, weather-wise. Even a wee tail wind to help us along. Strava here.
Some small observations (not moans, of course ^_^).......
No more free T-shirt included in the price.
Food stop at Avonbridge now charging 50p per cake! Probably to prevent @Pat "5mph" filling her panniers ;).
Had a lot more near misses than my previous visits. Why can't some folk keep left, especially in the narrow coned off sections? And if you want to move to your right, do a check over your shoulder first!
Worst of all .... No Tunnocks Caramel wafer in the goodie bag at the finish line :cry:.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Couldn't have asked for a better day for PFS, weather-wise. Even a wee tail wind to help us along. Strava here.
Food stop at Avonbridge now charging 50p per cake! Probably to prevent @Pat "5mph" filling her panniers ;).
Had a lot more near misses than my previous visits. Why can't some folk keep left, especially in the narrow coned off sections? And if you want to move to your right, do a check over your shoulder first!
Worst of all .... No Tunnocks Caramel wafer in the goodie bag at the finish line :cry:.

No more of these for twelve months, lad..
Haylie Brae, Old Largs Rd, Cornalees and Fairlie Moor rd for you...get :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@Brandane the cake at Avonbrige has always been 50 pence a piece, well for the last 3 years now, I did say it was a charity bake :laugh:
No tee shirt last year either, but I've got one from the year before last.
Congrats to all that have finished safe and sound :bravo: :cheers:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Congrats to all that have finished safe and sound :bravo: :cheers:
My mate from Greenock has a 17 year old daughter. Her and her pal have the distinction of being LAST to finish today :laugh:.
Well done to them for actually persevering and doing the whole ride. They got lost after Linlithgow because they were so late that the signs had been taken down and there was no-one to follow :ohmy:.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Other observations .

The astro turf at the end was like cycling into quicksand, really hard on tired legs.
At the first PfS I did 4 years ago, it seemed you got an awfy lot for your money. The t-shirt was included, the medal was dated, the goody bag was stuffed full and the tents and bratty wagons at the finish were far more varied, interesting and numerous. Although the main thing is the ride and the organisation this year was the best so far, it does feel like I'm paying more and more for less and less.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
So the pedal for Scotland was charging you for cake, what a rip off

Fubar

Guru
I thought about doing the hands raised in celebration thing as I crossed the finish line, but thought better of it on that astro turf. Falling flat on my face in front of the welcoming crowd in the stand at Murrayfield would not have been a good end to the ride!

At least they are letting the crowd into Murrayfield now - the year I did it you cycled through an empty stadium and out the other end to the welcoming crown! Kind of defeated the purpose of being at MF IMHO.

edindave

Über Member
Nice to see you tou - a pleasant surprise.

Didn't know you went the same way we do !

I've always thought that the best way to cycle to work is to cycle further than you actually have to go.

Yes, partly the same route, but not for much longer unfortunately. I'll be back on the roads once the leaves start falling, and the path turns to mush for 3 or 4 months, and the ice! :ph34r:

Col5632

Guru
I've always thought that the best way to cycle to work is to cycle further than you actually have to go.

Yes, partly the same route, but not for much longer unfortunately. I'll be back on the roads once the leaves start falling, and the path turns to mush for 3 or 4 months, and the ice! :ph34r:

Not looking forward to the winter tbh :cold::thumbsdown:

Top Bottom