Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Scoosh daughter has just returned to northern Sweden for the final year of her MSc. There will be some Strathclyde Uni exchange students there but none on her course. How to identify them ?

Mrs Scoosh suggestion: "Wear your Irn-Bru hoodie - they're bound to come and ask about it ! ^_^"

Last edited:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Aye the drop from the top of the Tak is great fun, a couple of wee sharp climbs then you have a really good drop into Stirling... Good fun, still the 18% corners near the top of the tak are hell

Col5632

Guru
Aye the drop from the top of the Tak is great fun, a couple of wee sharp climbs then you have a really good drop into Stirling... Good fun, still the 18% corners near the top of the tak are hell

I remembered them but forgot how tuff they actually were, was so happy to see the car park at the top :wahhey:

A guy had fell off near the fort, two folk had stopped for him, they were in the bushes looking for something :laugh:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is anyone bothering with PFS on Sunday (the 50 mile version)? I know as a cycling event it has become a victim of its own success and is a bit of a plodathon, but it's the only way I am ever going to get a medal for cycling!
The weather forecast looks good, with a slightly favourable wind, so I might do as I did a few years ago and turn up and register on the day. Or I might go to the air show at Prestwick (by bike of course).

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm not doing the 47 mile this year, because I'm bored with it. Wanted to try the 110, never managed the training, so I'll pass.
Quite pricey too.
If you do it, mind you cannot ride the same route back until everybody has finished. Watch out for wobbly bairns and racing mamils.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Yeah I'm doing it. As usual I'm starting as early as possible, I think that's why I manage to avoid the worst of the congestion and silly excesses.It's become my "thing" and not to do it (for the 4th year) would feel odd.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think it is really about avoiding the cycle paths into the city, which will be full of excited/ beginner/ exhausted/ dead-or-dying cyclists :sweat: who don't have much awareness of others :cycle: left by that stage of the proceedings ! :ohmy:

Top Bottom