Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Sandwiches. They don't make themselves in my house. Your mum probably makes them in yours. :thumbsup:
theres a well known still game joke im not gonna use here :P

Col5632

Guru
Looks like a great day in some tuff conditions, kinda glad i wasnt on the bike over the weekend, hopefully get my lazy ar5e oot on the bike this week :laugh:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Looking at Strava I was actually nearly 3hrs 40 moving. Only just beat a 7 year old, but a wins a win. That reminded me that I cycled the last 8 or so miles with a guy, who when at the road up to the finish line challenged me to a sprint finish. Hope his pride recovers as quickly as his legs :smile:

Col5632

Guru
Looking at Strava I was actually nearly 3hrs 40 moving. Only just beat a 7 year old, but a wins a win. That reminded me that I cycled the last 8 or so miles with a guy, who when at the road up to the finish line challenged me to a sprint finish. Hope his pride recovers as quickly as his legs :smile:

Proving you are no S.Louch ;)

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Help!!!

Is there anyone in the Falkirk area with a reasonable degree of knowledge about road bikes prepared to meet up somewhere and show me how to work this b****y thing !?:wacko::cry:

Just picked up my Whyte Suffolk today and after a break neck, uncomfortable 1/2 hour round Denny I'm having a hard time believing I've made the right decision.

Took me ages to work out the gears, couldn't for the life of me get used to clips on the pedals (had to stop and remove one so I didn't die!) I've no idea if the seat is at the right height and consequently don't know if my back, body is at right angle. It was hurting my back, I was getting hacked off because I didn't know how it was supposed to feel - what I do know is if you all were as uncomfortable as that you simply wouldn't be on road bikes. I must be doing something wrong - or more likely several things wrong!!

Every bump in the road absolutely killed the crown jewels!!!!!

The bike itself seemed rattly - I'm thinking perhaps that could be the pannier and/or the mudguards - I just don't know!!!

I could meet up with someone from about 7pm, you could have a wee shot, maybe give a brief tutorial, tell me what it's supposed to be like :hugs:

:cry:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi @CC2014 , I'm not far away in Tullibody, I won't say I know everything, but can share whAt I know with you re getting set up and comfy. Dd you get measure up in shop before buying?

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Cool. I work in Alloa but won't have bike with me at work.

Got measured and got the 56cm frame - I'm 5 11 so should be thereabouts?

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I could do tomorrow night? Where's good to meet? Kincardine Way? I'd cycle all the way through but don't think I'm quite ready for that!

Yeah, I have a multitool.

Top Bottom