Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Depending when you're available, I could meet you in Tullibody after work? I'll just stick the bike in the car. Save you driving through here.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I normally get home about 6. Driving through wouldn't be a prob, or could meet at springkerse? I stay wth my folks so not practical having people come in if weathers poor as I expect the next few nights to be

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Ok, can meet at Springkerse, just let me know when's best for yo. I'll probably leave it till I get home to get my bike so have your tea first then you can restore my faith in commuting on a road bike?

Or phoning the LBS and trying to convince them to take back my 'brand new' bike :sad:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I live at Springkerse if you want a second opinion. You could bring it round and we could stick it on my work stand if necessary.

Joey Shabadoo

Kersemill - but I've just remembered I need to be away by 6pm to get to the football. :sad:

Joey Shabadoo

Too quick to open my gob and offer without thinking.

What I will say is the saddle cutting you in two is perfectly normal. When I first started going out for longer rides, the pain was pretty bad - especially on the rough roads through Fallin. As I toughened up and my legs got stronger, it became less of a problem and I only really notice it after 40-50 miles now. Most of it's down to weak legs - as they tire you sit heavier on the saddle and feel every bump. Well, that's my theory anyway.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
My lower back was the main problem. I do get a sore back from time to time, but read a lot about it and it would seem a road bike does not necessarily exacerbate a sore back.

However, clearly my posture is wrong or something, cause that was just all wrong!

... I hope. I can't help but think if I'd jumped on a new Giant hybrid with front suspension I'd be feeling happier just now. Not necessarily in a few months of commuting, but tonight, yes.

(I thought my wife was going to burst me after listening to me bang on about a new bike all summer. So, did you have fun on your new bike? ... Eh, what do you mean, you wasted £1200?????

Bad times.

Joey Shabadoo

I find getting out on the bike helps my lower back pain because the posture stretches my back. I can cycle for hours with no back pain whatsoever whereas walking for an hour has me in difficulty.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Switching to drop bars can often cause a bit of back pain at the start, as your body has to adapt to a new position and different muscles get worked. You should probably be ok before too long. :smile:

Top Bottom