Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Well done to you guys offering to help @CC2014 out, goes to show what a bunch of nice people we have on here :thumbsup:

Hope you get the problem sorted soon, just sounds like you have set it up wrong and get used to it for a bit, will all feel odd at first, jumping from a hybrid to a roadie is like night and day but once you get used to it you wont go back on a hybrid ^_^:bicycle:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Had a look, bike looks to be right size, bring a day old didn't want to risk breaking g it. Have recommended going back to store, might need a Shorter stem , I'm slightly taller but was really stretched out

edindave

Über Member
@CC2014 you'd be better taking the bike to the shop, and explaining the issues.
A shorter stem might be the solution. A smaller frame might be the solution.
Size charts are only a guide - people have different dimensions in terms of leg length to torso length, and some people have shorter/longer arms in relation to the rest of their body.
The bike shop has a duty of care to make sure you are happy and comfortable with the bike.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Cheers @Louch for taking the time to welcome a severely inexperienced newbie!

Got home and lowered the seat slightly then headed out to see if I could make any more sense of the bike.

With the clips off, I felt much more confident pedalling. I was getting the hang of the gear system too so felt more confident with that tonight. Yesterday was a bit of a bomb scare!

Felt much better tonight. Could have cycled a lot more there once I got going. Frame seems the right size but still feel like I'm stretching, so will contact shop and explain the issues.

I reckon now I've made the right decision - tonight felt much better and I could feel the legs/speed ratio much better than on hybrid.

Cheers everybody and especially @Louch for postponing his dinner - not despairing as much tonight!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Who's planning on cycling back to Glasgow after PfS?

Col5632

Guru
1st commute completed!

It's no fast, but I did it!

17.68 miles
1 hr 18 m
Average 13.48
Fastest 25.65

And it was peeing of rain!!!!

Can't believe I've got to work a whole shift now right enough!!!

Good going for your first commute, quite a distance too, is it the same distance back? lol

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I dropped 3 shirts and suit at work on Wednesday, so the plan is to do Thursday/Friday/Monday, drive and replenish stocks on Tuesday, then cycle Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Should be more patient than that and build up but I'm loving it!

And saved a day's fuel in my car. Result!!

Top Bottom