Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@Brandane and @Col5632 Bombing down the road from the Turret Dam near Crieff on the mtb. There are grazing sheep at the sides which normally scoot off when they see you coming but a couple changed their minds at the last minute and came over in front of me. I hit the road still doing close to 20mph. I suppose I should be grateful it is just a badly broken collar bone and a very badly bruised hip. I could have broken my neck.

Col5632

Guru
@Brandane and @Col5632 Bombing down the road from the Turret Dam near Crieff on the mtb. There are grazing sheep at the sides which normally scoot off when they see you coming but a couple changed their minds at the last minute and came over in front of me. I hit the road still doing close to 20mph. I suppose I should be grateful it is just a badly broken collar bone and a very badly bruised hip. I could have broken my neck.

Bloody sheep :hungry: haha!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Nasty. Hope it goes well. I'm also waiting for an op to plate my collar bone. Never thought of taking a pic of my x-ray but it shows the bone nearly poking through the skin. This is the best I could manage on my phone.

You sound much calmer at the thought of an op than I currently feel!

IMG_0441_zps489fcafb.jpg
(Feels faint)

Not nice! I hope the op goes well.:thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I am wincing just picturing that. As you say, it could have been much worse.
Food for thought for me too, as I spend some time on the Brisbane Glen Road north of Largs and it is sheep grazing country. Fields for miles around and the dozy nobbers have to choose that narrow black strip of tarmac to congregate on! Lambing season is the worst, you always have to watch for the youngsters running to mummy when you approach. Mother and child are of course always on opposite sides of the road.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It's because the tarmac warms up and retains heat that sheep congregate there. If the sheep are Suffolks, they'll stay clear of you. It's the typically contrary Blackfaced sheep that you've got to watch out for.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I havent signed up, but had been looking. Is on my only day off in 13 days of worki g, so not sure I will want to have to be somewhere on command to ride my bike

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well they let me out. Now have a sore arm with a big metal rod holding it together.

Good news - glad that the op is over, and you are back home. That x-ray looked rather nasty! :ohmy:
What's the time frame you've got for healing, or is it too early to tell? Wishing you lots of patience and that the soreness will disappear quickly.

T

P.S. You are in good company, a certain UK TdF rider has apparently suffered a separated shoulder ...:B)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:eek: just spotted @Mo1959 's posts above! Hope you are getting operated soon ... how long have you been waiting, must be agony!

When @HJ broke his collarbone a few years ago, the docs thought it was a difficult break (class 3 or something), very close to the shoulder joint and a major artery, so they didn't want to operate it if at all possible (apparently they could have wired things together somehow). Lots of 'owww's for quite a few weeks ... it all came right again in the end, if it's any consolation.

Get well soon!

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just reading this, Mo, auch!
How long does this kind of injury take to heal? Guess you going to miss out on the rest of summer riding :sad: GWS!
Were you riding alone?

Top Bottom