• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41-50

• 51-60

• 61-70

• 71-80

• Over 80

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did he know you were having a race?

On the basis I managed to catch him, I presume not ;-)

However, he didn't come back round me, but that was nothing to do, of course, with me timing my pass just half a mile from my destination .... nearly half a century of commuting by bike to senior school and work does come with some useful "knowledge". .

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's a hat size ..........

presta

Guru
Money has been arriving in my bank account every month for the last year
Is that an option? They say mine's going to be paid every four weeks.

When I asked Lloyds why their online banking won't allow you to enter a four-weekly payday instead of monthly it just led to a Kafkaesque conversation I have no desire to repeat. If four weeks confuses them I don't know what they would have made of my employers, they paid in eight four week periods and four five week periods a year.

(Edit: I don't mean you can't pay a state pension into a Lloyds account. It has a budget manager which tells you how much will be paid out before the next payday, but you can't use it unless you can enter which day you're paid on.)

Last edited:
To be honest I don;t know what we are going to do with the extra money when we get the pension

we manage just fine on our current pensions

We were planning on using it for holidays in far off places - but SWMBO can;t go to hot places anymore so that's out

might try a Northern Lights cruise or something - in spite of saying we won't go on a cruise ship ever again!

or a tour of Iceland
or the freezer cabinets in Tesco - or something

anyway - I'm sure we will find something

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hardly free - I have been paying for everyone pension for over 40 years

bloomin' scrounging lazy lot of entitled old people

until next year when all pensioners will become people receiving their well deserved pension after all those years of working hard for the sake of the country

I have paid all my own installments. 😁 Living out of the UK for the past 20 years meant that I had to stump up for some contributions I was missing. That took 2 years to sort out by letter as the pension people will not correspond by email.

I feel as though I deserve it now. 😄

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Free? I don’t think so. Unless you never paid any NI.

Once you have paid it all. It feels like its free.

Top Bottom