How Northern Are You?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
100% northern. In fact so northern I live just below the snow line

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 2757722, member: 9609"]23% "Thats somewhere around london" ????
I was completely clueless to half the questions - What is Pie Barm ?

Have never lived south of hadrians wall.[/quote]

Pie barm is a pie in a barm cake, which is a big, soft, floury bun. More of a North West England thing. The Geordie equivalent is a stottie.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I'm too busy enjoying a nice bottle of Verdicchio I just bought in Waitrose and buying a bigger house to hold all my grooming products...and cooking pan seared placenta with homemade.garden herb and hazelnut pesto:biggrin:. Beer? so unrefined..

I'm too busy enjoying a nice bottle of Verdicchio I just bought in Waitrose and buying a bigger house to hold all my grooming products...and cooking pan seared placenta with homemade.garden herb and hazelnut pesto:biggrin:. Beer? so unrefined..

May I suggest an entrée of black pudding :hungry:

BPsliced.jpg

Attachments

• BPsliced.jpg
    BPsliced.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 14

MarkF

Guru
When I was 16 I went to Lloret, my first time abroad with friends, I heard estuary english for the first time, and went into shock, I had no idea that men could sound like, I don't know, Jordan? I still move away from southerners when I am on the beach, they ruin my day..

Just remembered, I was in Dunnes bar, Barcelona late August, I went there because I knew the Irish hurling semi finals would be on. At half time me and my lad (15) wandered into the rear room where the Chelsea v Hull game was on, my lad listened to the southerners, as I had 30 years prior, went into shock and said "Can we go back in the other room, Dad"? ^_^

MarkF

Guru
Can I just say how much it amuses us Cumbrians to see lankies and tykes arguing about which is the second best county in England.

Yeah, you've the pencil museum and....................................^_^

gavgav

Legendary Member
60% for me, somewhere near Doncaster apparently! Been to Donny once, pretty sure I wouldn't choose to return!

nappadang

Über Member
Gateshead now, born in Felling Urban District (Felling UDC) of County Durham. same place roughly but name changes due to the shambolic introduction of the failed and defunct county of Tyne and Wear.
How northern does that make me? I feel canny northern.

Top Bottom