How Northern Are You?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
What colour is the devil normaly depicted as & what colour is the lancashire rose?
Yorkshire, like it or not remains the only English County mentioned in the Bible & the only County who's National Anthem has been translated into & sung in over 100 languages.
Is-yorkshire-mentioned-in-the-bible-then...yawn...
It is indeed. Somewhere near Exodus.

"And God smote Gomorrah and Sodom into the ground from whence he had brought them.
Sodomite: S**t, someone's destroyed our city.
Gomorrahite: Ah no worries. The Devil persuaded God not to destroy Yorkshire on the 9th day. We'll go there
Sodomite: Yorkshire? I'm not going there it's full of perverts doing depraved things to ovines"

And there endeth the lesson

wait4me

Veteran
How the chuff do they do it???? It said 50% somewhere near Nottingham. I now live near Lincoln but originate from Kings Lynn and on the north south divide Nottingham is mid way between the 2.:wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I got 85%, coincidentally apparently that's somewhere about York.

I'm currently sitting a bit further south, in Manchester.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Anyway, apparently Northerners don't prefer blackpudding and chips with gravy any more:

IMAG1364.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm too busy enjoying a nice bottle of Verdicchio I just bought in Waitrose and buying a bigger house to hold all my grooming products...and cooking pan seared placenta with homemade.garden herb and hazelnut pesto:biggrin:. Beer? so unrefined..

You southerners with your dream catching, raki massaging, aroma therapy ways. What's wrong with a bit of liver and onions?

classic33

Leg End Member
Can I just say how much it amuses us Cumbrians to see lankies and tykes arguing about which is the second best county in England.
Nice to see you admitting Cumbria is the worst...
It is indeed. Somewhere near Exodus.

"And God smote Gomorrah and Sodom into the ground from whence he had brought them.
Sodomite: S**t, someone's destroyed our city.
Gomorrahite: Ah no worries. The Devil persuaded God not to destroy Yorkshire on the 9th day. We'll go there
Sodomite: Yorkshire? I'm not going there it's full of perverts doing depraved things to ovines"

And there endeth the lesson
What colour is the lancashire rose & what colour is the devil usually depicted as?
You're sidestepping giving an answer!

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
I am 100% blood Irish but lived most of my life in the North. I swap allegiance as and when it suits me. Irish passport for added credibilty.

When I was 16 I went to Lloret, my first time abroad with friends, I heard estuary english for the first time, and went into shock, I had no idea that men could sound like, I don't know, Jordan? I still move away from southerners when I am on the beach, they ruin my day..
Why? do they make you look bad

Top Bottom