Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I shall keep a look-out for you :smile:

Same here.
Actually wearing a Cycle Chat jersey today so would be easy to spot.

Where bouts you in Orpington?
I'm just off Tubbenden Lane.

Nocode

Same here.
Actually wearing a Cycle Chat jersey today so would be easy to spot.

Where bouts you in Orpington?
I'm just off Tubbenden Lane.

Oh cool, I shall have to consider getting a Cycle Chat jersey. Weird, I'm also just off Tubbenden Lane. Maxwell Gardens to be specific.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh cool, I shall have to consider getting a Cycle Chat jersey. Weird, I'm also just off Tubbenden Lane. Maxwell Gardens to be specific.

No CC jerseys left... for the moment.
I'm a bit further up Tubbenden, Southlands Ave.

Well, that's 4 Orpingtonites now on CC. 3 of them 'just off' Tubbenden :thumbsup:

Steve Saunders

I don't commute every day, but I try to do two days a week and after the winter I plan to up that to 3 maybe 4. My commute is 20.5 miles each way when taking the direct route ... although there are about 5 or 6 different routes I take in to work to keep things fresh - depending on whether I'm in the mood for hills, flat sprinting, cycle paths etc. They vary in range from 20 - 28 miles, and I have been known to take a longer route on the way home of about 35-40 miles.

I only took up cycling about 5 months ago, and I used to think 20 miles would be far FAR too far to cycle for commuting, but it's really not. I now do it in under 1hr 10 mins, with a PB of 1hr 1min.

jakeagusta

Me too! I do Orpington to Canary Wharf 3 times a week atm, hopefully 5 times a week come Christmas when I'm a bit fitter.

Yes, the mornings is certainly better - it being all down hill 'n all :smile:

Do u suffer the return leg from Kidbrooke - up to Sidcup ? The most enjoyable part of the journey

Do I answer each way or total? I'm 7 miles each way so I would fall in to different brackets depending on the voting methodology.

Paul_L

Über Member
door to door is 13.8 miles in, 14 miles home (slightly longer on homeward leg due to one way system).

Try and do it twice a week but being out and about for work means sometimes just once a week.

Unless it's peeing it down, i'll normally add some loops in, to try and make it a 35 to 40 mile round trip.

Phill057

I am trying to build mine up to a 40 mile round trip. Trying to find the extra loop that will add that to it is the hardest for me. I take in a lot of hills going to work. But after a long day at the office just want a lazy relatively hill free trip home

Top Bottom