Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Me, shaking my head...

Dad: "What're you shaking your head for now?"

Me: "Just heard a Christmas song on the radio in the supermarket!"

Dad: "And?"

Me: "And?! December's only just started! For every Christmas song I hear on the radio - Buddy the Elf drowns a baby reindeer."

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
Transport clerk at head office: Why is it that you can't get here as early as you used to?

Me: Well, one of the day runs is quite long, and I have to wait for it to get in before I can set off. The problem is, the driver who does it looks like a Weeble in a hi viz jacket ... it takes him half an hour just to get out of the cab.

jhawk

Veteran
I'm talking to my SO on Skype. My Dad comes in from being outside.

"Jack! Don't touch that, you'll go blind!" She finds this all too funny, and I am left, ashen-faced and a horrible shade of bright red. -.-

SO: "You've gone awfully red!"

Me: "Piss off!"

Arch

Married to Night Train
Transport clerk at head office: Why is it that you can't get here as early as you used to?

Me: Well, one of the day runs is quite long, and I have to wait for it to get in before I can set off. The problem is, the driver who does it looks like a Weeble in a hi viz jacket ... it takes him half an hour just to get out of the cab.

RT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not seen you for yonks!

Arch

Married to Night Train
On the tram up to NT's, there's a lovely little lad and his Dad - the kid is the sort that asks interesting questions, and the Dad is the sort that answers them intelligently and talks to the kid like a grown up. The kid is maybe 3 or 4.

Kid: Do cars drive on tracks?
Dad: Not train tracks. But they do drive on tram tracks sometimes.
Kid: When I was little....
Dad: You are little!
Kid: When I was VERY little...
Dad: You are very little!
Kid: (with a tone that implies he's rolling his eyes now) When I was a baby...
Dad: <says nothing>
Kid: ...cars didn't drive on tram tracks, but they do now!

They got off then, I was sorry, I'd have liked to listen to them a bit longer!

gbb

Squire
Colleague..'Thats it, last try then I'm packing it in'
Me..'Bloomin thing, three hours ive been on it, what's the time ?'...
I looked up at the clock...:ohmy:..'blaaady ell, it's 2.45, I havnt even had dinner yet...'

perplexed

Guru
Not a dialogue as such, just to myself in my head as I walked out of the library reference section where all the computers are...

'I can't help but think that if I was a late middle-aged bloke I'd find somewhere else to peruse Asian/Eastern European Dating websites...'

There was a row of about 5 of 'em. Mind you, I had to slow down a bit as I passed...

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
RT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not seen you for yonks!

Eyup. I've been off exploring other forums ... I got involved with elderly Land Rovers and spent some time on a Landy forum, then I went over to Trucknet and came back here when there was some interaction between Trucknet and CC. I got nostalgic for the old place ... :smile:

gbb

Squire
House full yesterday, grandkids, neices, etc etc, lovely day. Our 9 YO niece hadn't seen the dog before, she and our 8 YO grandaughter were playing with him, he trotted into his crate at one stage..
'Aww, thats so cute, he went in his cage on his own' :smile:..said the niece.
'He does, its his home, his den, he likes it in there, its not a cage to him'
She was genuinely surprised, she has no real contact with dogs.
'Hes so clever' :wub: she said..
'He is, he'll close the door on the crate and lock it as well'
'Will he ?' :ohmy:
'No..im only kidding':laugh:

jhawk

Veteran
Me and the SO were having a conversation yesterday, as per usual...

SO: "I've just had some family time today."
Me: "Oh, wonderful. Do say Hi to your Mum and Dad from me! Be sure to wave!" *She has a thing about waving... Don't ask*
SO: "They said hi!"
Me: "I hope you told them only the good stuff!"
SO: "Why, have you done something bad?" I thought about this for a few seconds...
Me: "Why, yes, yes I have. I've been a bad boy and I deserve to be punished! ;)" She didn't approve...
SO: "-.-"

Saluki

World class procrastinator
While walking the dogs this afternoon.
Bloke (numpty): Oy, you. Your dog is doing a poo.
Me: No, she is having a wee
Bloke(numpty): There is a big poo about 2 foot away from you
Me: Yes there is
Bloke: Your dog did it
Me: No. The poo is vast, my dog is small
- I went to walk off at this juncture cos my little JRT did not doo the massive poo which was Rhino sized
Bloke: (got in front of me in a threatening manner) Your dog must have done that right quick when I was looking at you
Me: Feck off, you are an idiot

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Me: God-damn! England's second innings - the Aussies declared overnight - so there's two days to go, and the one thing England must not do in their second innings is lose wickets, so the first two go in and one - the captain - is promptly out.... for one.
My youngest: I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom