Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Curling is NOT bowls on ice, why can't people EVER learn about it before making comments like that! :rolleyes:

But it is better on ice isn't it. I'll actually watch curling.

gbb

Squire
Dad is 84, blind and weak nowadays. He's been bunged up ffor 8 days, he's taking Ducolax, eating oranges etc etc, but can't go. During a fragmented conversation between mum, dad, the wife and I, I thought dad was (as would be normal) against the doctor being rang.
Me to dad...'Dad, are you going to let mum ring the docs, I think you've soldiered on long enough eh ?'
Dad....'Feel free, ' he replied agreeingly.
Wife to me..''Dad's ok with it, it's mum thats hesitant'
Me to mum...'you going to ring the docs now mum ?'
Mum....'Yes, I'm going to ring him in the morning'
Me...'Ring them now mum, they're paid enough, dad's had it long enough, he needs the docs opinion'
Mum...'I will ring him now'

Result.

London Female

Über Member
2685061 said:
Why hadn't you eased it down to 10 minutes by the time afternoon break came around?

Because she is someone who has come to us before and already knows exactly what her breaks are so I don't really know what the point of her questions were and I don't really do confrontation.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I pick up a recycling box, and find it's got some non-recyclable items in it:

Me: Hey, Steve, seen this
Steve: What?
Me: This one's got a wok in it. Want a wok?
Steve: Nah.
Me: How about these two forks?
Steve: Wok the forks going on?!

colly

Re member eR
I pick up a recycling box, and find it's got some non-recyclable items in it:

Me: Hey, Steve, seen this
Steve: What?
Me: This one's got a wok in it. Want a wok?
Steve: Nah.
Me: How about these two forks?
Steve: Wok the forks going on?!

Is a wok not recyclable?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Is a wok not recyclable?

As scrap metal, yes, it would be, but we don't collect scrap metal, only normal household recycling. We'd like to collect scrap meta (we'd like to collect anything that's possibly salvagable), but at the moment we don't have the capacity to offer a proper service.

That said, if something is still useable and one of us wants or needs it or we think it can go in our second-hand sale box at work, we'll have it - we got a couple of good saucepans the other day. But the wok was all scratched and rusty.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Me to the dog as he levers someone to one side with his back end to get to the treats someone else has

Me: Eh! Stop that you greedy mutt, bring your big fat back end over here
Dog walker 1: That's no way to talk to Carol
Carol: Eh.....

Top Bottom