Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I need to get out on my bike now and I will, but I have been looking into dance lessons locally to get fit properly! (A studio does adult lessons, and.... well, I have always been rubbish at dancing, I am fully <and painfully> aware of this, so I want to do something about it).

I also need to get back to the Coastal Rowing, running (my local Sports centre does beginner sessions which I have been to before, so I know all about them) and the Curling (Shut up! There is a lot more to it than people think!).

We have the British National Curling Team training place near me. I was gobsmacked. In the middle of the Kent countryside ???????

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We have the British National Curling Team training place near me. I was gobsmacked. In the middle of the Kent countryside ???????

Fentons!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not sure but i drove past it one day, its on a farm, and mentioned it to a friend and she told me about it.

Fentons Curling Rink near Tunbridge Wells is (unless it has changed recently) the only place in England where you can do it. Almost all of the curling in Britain takes place in Scotland, even a lot of the English National Team are Scottish with English heritage (or is the other way round?) as are the Welsh and in fact the Irish. Scotland is normally THE place to be if you want to do it properly.

I have represented my town at Curling before! :blush::laugh:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Apparently its damn hard work too

It is one of these sports where there is a lot more to it than immediately meets the eye, to do it properly yes, it can be hard work, albeit in reasonably short bursts (which does take its toll after a couple of hours and 8 Ends).

Top Bottom