Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Seconded. :bravo:
Absolutely spot on. Should have had him for 'assault' though.;) ^_^

He was the normal sort of idiot we encounter on sunny days in the country park, Major is very large and so therefore must be vicious, really pees me off, pees me off even more that parents encourage their children to be afraid of dogs, when I had black labs, people had issues with them because they didn't like "Black Dogs".

Major's Dad was even larger than he is and used to work mostly with children who were afraid of dogs, Major's Mum was also a Pets As Therapy dog and used to work mostly in hospitals for patients to pet she was about the same size as Major. It is just idiot people that think they own the park and dictate to you what you can and can't do. The Country Park is about 1/2 mile walk from our house, so we walk there most days, I love the winter because all the "tourists" bugger orf lol

Major was hilarious with the ice-creams especially as they queued up to feed him he eats them quite slowly one lick at a time, my small people were very bemused by the whole thing, in fact they made more noise and fuss at the man than Major did he was more in danger of User76 biting him than Maj.

Proceeding down Hospital Corridor, and bemused couple at junction.

Me: "Can I help - you look lost?"

Patient: "No we aren't lost, we just don't know where we are"

... and walks off down corridor

Arch

Married to Night Train
He was the normal sort of idiot we encounter on sunny days in the country park, Major is very large and so therefore must be vicious, really pees me off, pees me off even more that parents encourage their children to be afraid of dogs, when I had black labs, people had issues with them because they didn't like "Black Dogs".

My elder nephew (6) is rather wary of dogs - I think he was bounced by one when he was littler. It makes me sad to see him cringe a bit whenever he sees one, even quite small ones on leads. It's not anything his parents have encouraged, he's just a bit of a worrier by nature. Hopefully he'll grow out of it, but I don't think they know anyone with a good role model dog for him to get to know.

The younger nephew would probably ride Major given a chance, he likes a bit of speed!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
My elder nephew (6) is rather wary of dogs - I think he was bounced by one when he was littler. It makes me sad to see him cringe a bit whenever he sees one, even quite small ones on leads. It's not anything his parents have encouraged, he's just a bit of a worrier by nature. Hopefully he'll grow out of it, but I don't think they know anyone with a good role model dog for him to get to know.

The younger nephew would probably ride Major given a chance, he likes a bit of speed!

Some have a reason why they are frightened it is when the parents encourage that fear rather than discourage it by grabbing them and whisking them out of the way of dogs and doing the tone of voice that suggest there is a danger to the child that annoys me. Last year camping one of our friends boys (17) was afraid of dogs, because Major mostly ignores anyone that is not me, he had ended up sat next to him and was stroking him without realising it, it was a bit amusing when he did realise and then did not know quite what to do. He is still terrified of other dogs tho.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Saw a woman in town today, while I had old Gabriel in tow after our latest trip to the vets with him. I was wearing my 'works' tee shirt. The one with Dog Groomer written all over it.

Woman: Are you a dog groomer?
Me: Yes
W: Do you understand dogs?
Me: How do you mean? Do you mean their behaviour?
W: No, I mean do you speak dog?
Me: Excuse me? :huh:
W: When they bark, do you understand them?
Me: If one of mine stands by his bowl and woofs I assume that he is hungry. When he stands by the door & woofs I assume that he wants to go out.
W: Oh, so you understand what they mean then?
Me: Kind off, by their body language more than anything
W: WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF, What did I just say then. Tell me now.
Me: Bye
W: (yelling as I disappear with Gabe) You are ******* useless, you don't ****** speak dog.
Me: (to Gabriel) What a nutter.
Gabe looked at me like he agreed.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I think the appropriate response would be "Im a stupid tw@t"
That could have got me a smack in the face! I will remember it for next time though.

When I told hubby, he spat tea all over the dashboard.

Overheard last week at work. Blind gentleman speaking to the receptionist after seeing the ear,nose and throat consultant.
"Mr ______ has just diagnosed my guide dog as having early signs of cateracts".

Further inquires of the consultant turned out that the he and his wife bred black labs professionaly and so he was aware of the symptoms.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I was listening to a radio programme the other week about guide dogs, and I'm sure it said there that the owners got to keep the retired dog if they wanted it/could afford to keep it.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
2 ladies on my train joined by a third who obviously cannot wait to tell them her news.

3rd lady - my sons coming over from Australia on Saturday. It's all a bit last minute and I haven't seen him for 4 years so I planning a big family meal on Sunday.

Lady 1- Ooo what's on the menu?

Lady 3 then goes on to describe a mouth watering 5 course feast.

Lady 2- I thought your son was a veggie?

Lady 3- he is, I will just do him a salad with cheese and get a quiche from Waitrose as a treat.

Welcome home son !

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wonder if the colour of the lab makes a difference.

It is possible that black labs could be more prone to a condition than other colours. To breed any discrete type of animal means selecting from a limited gene pool, and of one of your original bloodstock has a genetic predisposition to something, that gene can be intensified. There are a number of conditions linked to specific breeds for this reason, and as dogs become more and more inbred, the conditions can become more and more prevalent.

The condition doesn't happen BECAUSE of the colour or breed, it just has a coincidental relationship.

(However in this case it could just be that any dog could get cataracts, and the consultant just happened to know the signs.)

Could they get the guide dog a guide dog?

Top Bottom