Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It's a high road in England, yes 😉

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One thing is for sure - getting mixed up between the tab with the photo in and another with Streetview in just doesn't work... I kept clicking along the road in the photo and wondering why Streetview was refusing to budge! :laugh:

Looks a bit like it’s near Castleton / Bradwell
It also looks a lot like roads round here, but a couple of my ideas have not panned out...

I'll check back in tomorrow to see if it is worth me having another look.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
One thing is for sure - getting mixed up between the tab with the photo in and another with Streetview in just doesn't work... I kept clicking along the road in the photo and wondering why Streetview was refusing to budge! :laugh:

It also looks a lot like roads round here, but a couple of my ideas have not panned out...

I'll check back in tomorrow to see if it is worth me having another look.
Google maps and street view seems to be on a go-slow at the moment... very slow loading, and no 3D option. Anyone else been getting that recently?

roubaixtuesday

OK, here goes... I think relatively easy...

View attachment 558352

Name that road!

No takers so far. Maybe a wider panorama will help?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Reminds me of lose hill but if it is I can’t find the road with that view

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That prominent hill on right must be a clue, if only I knew where it was.
I was thinking the same thing...

That road reminds me of some between here and Skipton, and there is a similar distinctive hill near Skipton... Er, Sharp Haw, on Flasby Fell?

If that is where it is, I'll keep looking for the road. If it isn't within 20 kms or so of Skipton then I don't have a clue!

roubaixtuesday

I was thinking the same thing...

That road reminds me of some between here and Skipton, and there is a similar distinctive hill near Skipton... Er, Sharp Haw, on Flasby Fell?

If that is where it is, I'll keep looking for the road. If it isn't within 20 kms or so of Skipton then I don't have a clue!

Not within 20kms of Skipton

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Not within 20kms of Skipton
Having checked all of the likely-looking roads, I had come to that conclusion! :okay:

It still gives us a great excuse to check our maps and Streetview for likely candidates. I found a couple of nice roads near Skipton that I haven't ridden yet, so I will check those out next year.

As for where the road actually IS... I think that the distinctive hill is what will give it away. If nobody else finds it, I'll try to find the hill on Google Image search.

roubaixtuesday

OK. Maybe time for another clue.

The view is looking almost directly due North; Lose Hill mentioned earlier can't be seen but is by coincidence on a bearing very close to in line behind the distinctive hill.

Top Bottom